Why?

Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why?

Originally Posted by Jeeper
If it's christmas, it's christmas.
If you're disabled, you're disabled.
If you're black, you're black.
If you're retarded, you're retarded.
If you're fat, you're fat...if you're skinny, you're skinny.

A.
I am with you ...Now going for a Jimmy...

lets not forget all those Scotch bastard ....

Last edited by Ray; Dec 5th 2009 at 4:54 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lites
Whew,

I got you after re-reading jeepers - call a spade for what it is, right?
So you're saying that Pakistani people should accept that we call them paki's because that's what they are?

They should accept the diminutive and insulting reference that our parents gave them because it's the truth?

Because, to be honest Jeepers, these people didn't have an easy time a few generations back.

They didn't call themselves paki's..and they learned to associate the term with disrespect in the same way that Chinese had to deal with being called chinks or gooks and the Africans were labelled in equally disparaging terms.
In short, they weren't seen or treated as whole human beings, they were considered as inferior or unworthy human beings.

You, my friend, need to look a bit deeper and understand, that the revised, 'no offence intended', doesn't work because these other cultures are justified in their distrusting attitude.
It wasn't so long ago that the terms we used were intended in a hostile manner and it persists to this day amongst people like yourself who are content to go along with old labels and refuse to review what you see for yourself, that is, if you care to look.
So if I call them "Pakistani's" with disrespect - does that make it any better?

Again I say, It's not the name that matters.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Ok.

So black man calls another black man 'a nigger'. They laugh and joke.

A white man calls the same black man 'a nigger'. The black guy is mortally offended. Explain?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
I am with you ...Now going for a Jimmy...

lets not forget all those Scotch bastard ....

What do you mean, you f****** dickhead?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
it's an old joke about Little Jimmy
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:34 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Heres another one ...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's an old joke about Little Jimmy

BC,
Some joke! I`ve seen a post from this dickhead before, and I`m sure he`s an anti Scottish bampot.
Wonder what caused this? Made approaches to a jock and was refused? I guess he vents his spleen here as wifey, or mummy, keeps him in his place at home. Imagine getting pissed with a dick like this! His display cabinet must be full of second prizes. Take care of him, watch when he crosses the road.
Regards,
Davie.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:54 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

BC,
Some joke! I`ve seen a post from this dickhead before, and I`m sure he`s an anti Scottish bampot.
Wonder what caused this? Made approaches to a jock and was refused? I guess he vents his spleen here as wifey, or mummy, keeps him in his place at home. Imagine getting pissed with a dick like this! His display cabinet must be full of second prizes. Take care of him, watch when he crosses the road.
Regards,
Davie.
Could you swing that handbag any more? Or would it unbalance the chips on each shoulder?

Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

BC,
Regards,
Davie.
you are so wrong
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lites
Whew,

I got you after re-reading jeepers - call a spade for what it is, right?
So you're saying that Pakistani people should accept that we call them paki's because that's what they are?

They should accept the diminutive and insulting reference that our parents gave them because it's the truth?

Because, to be honest Jeepers, these people didn't have an easy time a few generations back.

They didn't call themselves paki's..and they learned to associate the term with disrespect in the same way that Chinese had to deal with being called chinks or gooks and the Africans were labelled in equally disparaging terms.
In short, they weren't seen or treated as whole human beings, they were considered as inferior or unworthy human beings.

You, my friend, need to look a bit deeper and understand, that the revised, 'no offence intended', doesn't work because these other cultures are justified in their distrusting attitude.
It wasn't so long ago that the terms we used were intended in a hostile manner and it persists to this day amongst people like yourself who are content to go along with old labels and refuse to review what you see for yourself, that is, if you care to look.
your a pc cnut, offence intended
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:20 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Jinglies!

as an interesting aside; a much misaligned word often used in the middle east and originally thought to have come from the soldiers of the honourable company trading to the east indies, Jingly/Jinglie/jinglies, has its etymological roots in pre British India. A word used to describe a rural farm worker.
Interesting that over a hundred years later the word is still in daily and correct use.
However if I were to say that the UAE was full of jinglies I’d apparently be a PC pariah

The pc brigade may also want turn their attention to an apparently innocuous word; Thug, as this was a word again from pre British India used to describe an ethnic group the Thuggie (akin to gypsies/romanies as a loose ethnic group). Who were a continent wide group of rapist’s, murders and extortionists.
However surely in pc land using the word thug is in fact an ethnically derogatory term and should be banned forthwith.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:45 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I always wondered where Jingly came from. Educational as ever, this place.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you are so wrong

BC,
Please show me where I`m wrong.
Would you and your ilk be happy if I wrote .......and those English Bastard?
I know where I went wrong!! He was referring to the after effects of Scotch, which we all know can be severe. Silly me.
For an obviously aggressive person to have two friends is surprising. Fair play to you. You ladies must stick together.

If you are in the Dubai area, could you tell me if there was a bridge over the Creek in the mid to late sixties?

Regards,
Davie.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

BC,
I know where I went wrong!! He was referring to the after effects of Scotch, which we all know can be severe. Silly me.
For an obviously aggressive person to have two friends is surprising. Fair play to you. You ladies must stick together.

If you are in the Dubai area, could you tell me if there was a bridge over the Creek in the mid to late sixties?

Regards,
Davie.
Well we certainly wouldn't throw our toys out of our pram. And if so-called 'aggressive' posters have no friends you must a very lonely man indeed.

Oh, and go and do your own research.

-
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:54 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

BC,

Regards,
Davie.
The debate has been had several times on here. The general consensus is that it is a lot to do with the context a word is used in...but it's not "black and white", by any means.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.