Who's Tony White?

Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's Tony White?

This guy has got to be kidding (from today's Nazigraf).

Every where I have been - for many years - in this region, I am constantly being asked to explain Britain's role in this or that (e.g. the creation of Israel, etc). It's never personal, as it is always put into the context of the government's role, etc, but I can't believe this comment.

And even if it's true - what specific examples has he come across of a lack of respect due to the release of Megrahi?

Bizarre.

SIR – Having spent most of my working life in the Middle East, I cannot but be amazed at the behaviour of the British Government over the past 10 years.

Gordon Brown is a bumbling fool, to be sure, but Tony Blair is equally culpable, if not the architect of the whole mess.

I feel the problem started when Mr Blair engineered the cancellation of the investigation into BAe's activities in Saudi Arabia. The aura surrounding the British ethical way of doing business was gone for ever.

We have always, rightly or wrongly, enjoyed a position of trust in the Middle East just by being British. This is being slowly but surely eroded. Mr Brown's release of Megrahi is the final straw.

Was it worth upsetting all those families and most of the American people? They have a right to be furious. It was an appalling deal from a corrupt and spent government.

Tony White
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:07 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Tony White?

Originally Posted by The Dean
This guy has got to be kidding (from today's Nazigraf).

Every where I have been - for many years - in this region, I am constantly being asked to explain Britain's role in this or that (e.g. the creation of Israel, etc). It's never personal, as it is always put into the context of the government's role, etc, but I can't believe this comment.

And even if it's true - what specific examples has he come across of a lack of respect due to the release of Megrahi?

Bizarre.

SIR – Having spent most of my working life in the Middle East, I cannot but be amazed at the behaviour of the British Government over the past 10 years.

Gordon Brown is a bumbling fool, to be sure, but Tony Blair is equally culpable, if not the architect of the whole mess.

I feel the problem started when Mr Blair engineered the cancellation of the investigation into BAe's activities in Saudi Arabia. The aura surrounding the British ethical way of doing business was gone for ever.

We have always, rightly or wrongly, enjoyed a position of trust in the Middle East just by being British. This is being slowly but surely eroded. Mr Brown's release of Megrahi is the final straw.

Was it worth upsetting all those families and most of the American people? They have a right to be furious. It was an appalling deal from a corrupt and spent government.

Tony White
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
If you're after examples of lack of respect Mr. White has come across due to the release of a convicted terrorist why not ask Mr. White yourself?

All I can say is that I am completely sickened by the release - we have insulted the dead and the living relatives in Britain and America...all for an oil deal with a despotic state who has indirectly taken many western lives.

In a previous time we would have simply sent in the troops and made them part of the Empire...sometimes progress is actually regress if you ask me!

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Sep 8th 2009 at 7:14 am.