British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Who's the next PM (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whos-next-pm-925163/)

DXBtoDOH May 22nd 2019 4:54 pm

Who's the next PM

Rumour is May may resign tonight. Whenever it is, her time is up very soon.

Who will replace her? Who do you have your money on? BoJo? Andrea Leadsom? Dominic Raab? Esther McVey?

Pulaski May 22nd 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Who's the next PM

I would question the sanity of anyone who would take the role before Brexit is either a done deal or abandoned.. If Theresa May resigns I foresee a general election.

DXBtoDOH May 22nd 2019 5:37 pm

True.

Lidington is rumoured to be the caretaker PM pending a leadership contest. So he'd technically be the next PM.

As for a GE. Probably. Not not quite yet.

Novocastrian May 22nd 2019 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12687426)
I would question the sanity of anyone who would take the role before Brexit is either a done deal or abandoned.. If Theresa May resigns I foresee a general election.

You haven't been following. If Bojo gets the job, he'll immediately become a remainer. The JOB is all he wants, but he'll f**k it up.

Pulaski May 22nd 2019 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12687438)
You haven't been following. If Bojo gets the job, he'll immediately become a remainer. The JOB is all he wants, but he'll f**k it up.

I think it's you who hasn't been following. … Boris could have easily snatched the job after the Brexit vote if that is all he wanted, but he recognized it for the poisoned chalice that it is during the Brexit process, and he is too astute a politician to take it before the dust settles.

Novocastrian May 22nd 2019 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12687441)
I think it's you who hasn't been following. … Boris could have easily snatched the job after the Brexit vote if that is all he wanted, but he recognized it for the poisoned chalice that it is during the Brexit process, and he is too astute a politician to take it before the dust settles.

He pulled out because Gove stabbed him in the back. And he's about as astute as a donkey in pantomime mode.

DXBtoDOH May 22nd 2019 7:52 pm

Premature after all. She won't go tonight. And 1922 choked again. But Leadsom is out!

Who's next?

Any predictions on the EU elections? Will the Tories perform under 10%? Wouldn't be surprised.

Scamp May 23rd 2019 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12687445)
He pulled out because Gove stabbed him in the back. And he's about as astute as a donkey in pantomime mode.

Megalols. BoJo astute as a donkey in panto mode. If you think that, he's cleverer than you.

UKCityGent May 23rd 2019 9:03 am

Id vote for BoJo - personally need some fun in politics and if the USA can vote a buffoon why the incarnations cants we ??

BritInParis May 23rd 2019 9:18 am

It can only be Boris - in which case it probably won’t be. The front runner never wins in Tory leadership contests and he’s p****d off too many people in the Parliamentary Conservative Party to get on the membership ballot paper. That being said he’s likely to be the only contender to put Corbyn to bed. Will today’s shellacking in the polls focus minds? We’ll see.

BritInParis May 23rd 2019 9:26 am

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 12687720)
Id vote for BoJo - personally need some fun in politics and if the USA can vote a buffoon why the incarnations cants we ??

It’s a pity this won’t be done in time for Trump’s state visit for the hair alone :hehe:

spouse of scouse May 23rd 2019 9:34 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12687729)
It’s a pity this won’t be done in time for Trump’s state visit for the hair alone :hehe:

Oh you are awful, but I like you :hehe:

scot47 May 23rd 2019 9:45 pm

I am backing Daffy Duck.

Moses2013 May 24th 2019 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12688104)
I am backing Daffy Duck.

Novocastrian Jun 18th 2019 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12687708)
Megalols. BoJo astute as a donkey in panto mode. If you think that, he's cleverer than you.

I'm just a drive-by poster on this thread, but I strongly disagree with your remark. I agree that's he's more narcissistic and psychopathic though.