British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Whos leaving soon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whos-leaving-soon-705752/)

Ethos83 Feb 19th 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Whos leaving soon

The big mama Pajero, Arabian Ranches housewife model. But it doesn't come with the baby spit stains and a gazillion biscuit crumbs.

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9187619)
Ethos- What car have you got and do you do a special deal fro BE members?

lionheart Feb 19th 2011 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9187617)
Definitely leaving now. Agreed on a package...er...salary much better than originally offered. Will report to work on the first working day of May.

So what brought this on?

Ethos83 Feb 19th 2011 2:37 pm

Long story short - quasiheadhunted for a position at a company in London. One of those anonymous outfits with a corporate office in the city and a bunch of subsidiary companies elsewhere. At first wasn't appealing but the salary was attractive. Series of interviews - position grows more interesting and additional responsibilities are added to it. Negotiated a much higher base salary. Next thing I know - I'm off to London.

It's been three years in the Sandpit for me. I wouldn't mind doing another expat gig someday, preferably in Asia, but it's time to return to reality and get a grip on life, settle down, find a girl and get all that sorted out first.

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9187624)
So what brought this on?

kittycat1 Feb 19th 2011 2:55 pm

So youll be leaving in one month Ethos? :( You will be missed-we shall have to find someone else to take the piss out of! I am sure Millhouse will come and wave you off at the airport!

Hello.Kitty Feb 19th 2011 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9187658)
So youll be leaving in one month Ethos? :( You will be missed-we shall have to find someone else to take the piss out of! I am sure Millhouse will come and wave you off at the airport!

we should rope everyone in to a Farewell Ethos booze-up! Well, in moderation. It'd be nice to say a "hello-goodbye"...

kittycat1 Feb 19th 2011 3:49 pm

we should Kitty- fab idea- but I dont know if Ethos would grace us with his presence? we could have it fancy dress- dress as posh as possible ;)

Ethos will you come out to play before you leave us? pretty please?

Hello.Kitty Feb 19th 2011 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9187712)
we should Kitty- fab idea- but I dont know if Ethos would grace us with his presence? we could have it fancy dress- dress as posh as possible ;)

Ethos will you come out to play before you leave us? pretty please?

well, maybe he would if the farewell party was entirely in his honour... and I'm sure we could find a red carpet...

Blue Cat Feb 20th 2011 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9187635)
Long story short - quasiheadhunted for a position at a company in London. One of those anonymous outfits with a corporate office in the city and a bunch of subsidiary companies elsewhere. At first wasn't appealing but the salary was attractive. Series of interviews - position grows more interesting and additional responsibilities are added to it. Negotiated a much higher base salary. Next thing I know - I'm off to London.

It's been three years in the Sandpit for me. I wouldn't mind doing another expat gig someday, preferably in Asia, but it's time to return to reality and get a grip on life, settle down, find a girl and get all that sorted out first.

Congratulations, everything happens for a reason :)