Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who's going home for Christmas? (And a Poem by me!)

Who's going home for Christmas? (And a Poem by me!)

Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:47 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going home for Christmas? (And a Poem by me!)

That's a really nice poem, Bison. Kinda makes me wish I was going home for Christmas .
Looks like i'm a hit with the ladies, I might write some more

Bison
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:27 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
So did you like my poem then?

Bison
I think its lovely that you are getting us into the festive mood though I confess reading your poem was like walking in stilettos one of which badly needed reheeled.Nonetheless sweet buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut you forgot Santa!!When does he appear ? before or after you go out speedin round the hood?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

As this is British Expats, should we not use the term Father Christmas? Just a thought....
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:21 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
As this is British Expats, should we not use the term Father Christmas? Just a thought....

I'm fine with that.Don't really need to know his proper name so long as he fills my stocking
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:24 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

That is a great Christmas song. Just pipped by Slade which, for me, epitomises childhood Christmases.

-
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:56 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so i've revised the Poem just for Eva.....

From Dubai to Heathrow, we may be greeted by snow, the roads will be gritted and traffic so slow.

Radio 1's the familiar sound, as we drive home, where family and pets can be found.

Piping hot stew and warm crusty bread, no more AC the log fire instead.

Slippers on, the cat's on your lap, the dog's by your feet and he's taking a nap.

Jack Frost is outside as we look out the window, the Christmas Tree's glistening, we're back home for Chrimbo.

Tucked up in our beds, we hear noise on the roof, the noise we are hearing are reindeer hoofs.

It means he is here, santa himself, drinking the sherry you left on the shelf.

The big day arrives and we open our pressies, we tuck in to dinner then off for some bevvies.

Back for the Queens speech and a nap on the sofa, tomorrow's Boxing Day and Christmas will be over.

New years has arrived, the countdown is here, Big Ben strikes 12 and we let off a cheer.

And now it's all over, it's time to return, to the land of sand dunes and some serious sun burn.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:22 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
your hair is lovely Twinkle.
Thanks Miss D ..
Hopefully the customs men will think so tomorrow and let me back into Abu Dhabi ...visa run! ....
Last one tho before my return to the UK ...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Thanks Miss D ..
Hopefully the customs men will think so tomorrow and let me back into Abu Dhabi ...visa run! ....
Last one tho before my return to the UK ...
mines not til January thank god..

where did you get it done? did it cost alot?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:06 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok so i've revised the Poem just for Eva.....

From Dubai to Heathrow, we may be greeted by snow, the roads will be gritted and traffic so slow.

Radio 1's the familiar sound, as we drive home, where family and pets can be found.

Piping hot stew and warm crusty bread, no more AC the log fire instead.

Slippers on, the cat's on your lap, the dog's by your feet and he's taking a nap.

Jack Frost is outside as we look out the window, the Christmas Tree's glistening, we're back home for Chrimbo.

Tucked up in our beds, we hear noise on the roof, the noise we are hearing are reindeer hoofs.

It means he is here, santa himself, drinking the sherry you left on the shelf.

The big day arrives and we open our pressies, we tuck in to dinner then off for some bevvies.

Back for the Queens speech and a nap on the sofa, tomorrow's Boxing Day and Christmas will be over.

New years has arrived, the countdown is here, Big Ben strikes 12 and we let off a cheer.

And now it's all over, it's time to return, to the land of sand dunes and some serious sun burn.

Sweet.....Christmas Karma on its way.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:02 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

It will be my first Christmas in the UK for 3 years ....

Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next "May" you gave it away!
This year to save me from tears I'll give it to someone special ....

Gettin all Xmasy already! ...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:04 pm
Here comes the Sun

Looks like i'm a hit with the ladies, I might write some more

Bison
Yeah go on Bison charm us ...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:21 pm
100% British Beef

Yeah go on Bison charm us ...
Ok let's see......

I look in your eyes, they're like Twinkling Stars among all the planets like Venus and Mars.

You look back at me in a flirtatious way, anxious and waiting to hear what I say.

I move in closer and whisper in your ear, the words make you shiver with passion not fear.

You close your eyes as I start to kiss you, I knew it was something that you wanted too.

The moment is perfect and we are at one, I turn on some music, your favourite love song.

This could get to steamy, i'll leave right there, this poems for you to show that I care.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so it was a bit soppy, but I think charming. I hope you liked it.

Bison
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok let's see......

I look in your eyes, they're like Twinkling Stars among all the planets like Venus and Mars.

You look back at me in a flirtatious way, anxious and waiting to hear what I say.

I move in closer and whisper in your ear, the words make you shiver with passion not fear.

You close your eyes as I start to kiss you, I knew it was something that you wanted too.

The moment is perfect and we are at one, I turn on some music, your favourite love song.

This could get to steamy, i'll leave right there, this poems for you to show that I care.

Bison
you need to watch it, you're ruining your street cred as dj bison, you know...

MM, xx
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:39 pm
100% British Beef

you need to watch it, you're ruining your street cred as dj bison, you know...

MM, xx
I don't mind...lol
Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:33 pm
Here comes the Sun

Ok let's see......

Bison
Gush ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.