Who's at Fault?

Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's at Fault?

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
my car has a reverse camera, it is rubbish it makes you look like you are miles away, but the beepers are going nuts to say you are about to crash...

MM, xx
Haha - glad you've got the combination of both then.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:28 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spart
Lazy...like when Phil Kearns two year old daughter ran behind his Touareg? Tell me that was lazy, I really dare you.

Its not intended to be a replacement for common sense and mirrors but a secondary check, for the unexpected in life. She is lucky to be alive today.
who the **** is Phil Kearns?

i dare you, tell me
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Phil Kearns was a Wallaby Hooker. Hard as nails, real classic front rower, with a heart as big as an Ox.

Phil's about the last person in the world one would call lazy. His daughter unfortunately, was involved in a terrible accident, where she ran behind his car while he was reversing.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Phil Kearns was a Wallaby Hooker.
And if you don't know your rugby....that is going to be helpful
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sandboy
what you on about ? all the fella said was relying on electronics makes you lazy, how's he meant to know the details of a particular case? get down off your high horse but remember to check your mirrors first
...so a broad, sweeping generalisation shouldn't be challenged?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeeper
And if you don't know your rugby....that is going to be helpful
Yep. Ganted on that one. Different type of hooker.
Who's at Fault?-r61978_170858.jpg
Old Oct 21st 2009, 1:21 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

That is sad...

Just because he is some eggchaser, hardy makes him immune from being lazy though, surely??

And if his daughter 'ran' out behind him, no camera would have helped I'd imagine? Prob all happened too quickly.

Terrible thing though...terrible

Especially as freak accidents can happen to ozzie rugby players also
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:30 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Lazy...like when Phil Kearns two year old daughter ran behind his Touareg? Tell me that was lazy, I really dare you.
Not lazy, just a tragic accident. Tell me though, would having a camera have made a difference if she ran behind the car?

Adding cameras and bleepers gives something else to worry about (mirror, signal, camera, mirror, camera, maneuver?) and also gives people the false sense that they know exactly what is going on around them.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:14 am
banned

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Not lazy, just a tragic accident. Tell me though, would having a camera have made a difference if she ran behind the car?

Adding cameras and bleepers gives something else to worry about (mirror, signal, camera, mirror, camera, maneuver?) and also gives people the false sense that they know exactly what is going on around them.
totally agree
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
totally agree
The cameras are great though, they show the area behind a 4wd that you simply can't see with mirrors or by turning your head. You can see the road right up to the back of your car. You can clearly see the toddler next door who decides to ride their rideon up your driveway while the neighbours ever vigilant maid talks to your ever vigilant maid across the fence. Without the camera you simply can't see things like that. I actually never took my landcruiser on the school run at my daughters school in Australia because there was no carpark, just a dropoff and pickup zone in a really busy inner city area and was scared I'd squish some poor kid who I couldn't see.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:59 am
banned

Originally Posted by Kim67
The cameras are great though, they show the area behind a 4wd that you simply can't see with mirrors or by turning your head. You can see the road right up to the back of your car. You can clearly see the toddler next door who decides to ride their rideon up your driveway while the neighbours ever vigilant maid talks to your ever vigilant maid across the fence. Without the camera you simply can't see things like that. I actually never took my landcruiser on the school run at my daughters school in Australia because there was no carpark, just a dropoff and pickup zone in a really busy inner city area and was scared I'd squish some poor kid who I couldn't see.
yea, but if you are reversing and a toddler 'runs' behind your car, by the time you notice on the camera, reacted and hit the brake, you would have heard the thump.

Plus i always reverse up my driveway....
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

'I didn't see the car'

means:

'I didn't look properly'

And nobody doesn't have insurance- it is a requirement when you renew the registration.

No- nobody is driving an unregistered car either, unless you've run into the dumbest manwoman in the country
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
And nobody doesn't have insurance- it is a requirement when you renew the registration.
No- nobody is driving an unregistered car either, unless you've run into the dumbest manwoman in the country
I've just had an email from the former ruler of Togo who'd love to hear from you
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I've just had an email from the former ruler of Togo who'd love to hear from you

Is he looking for another business partner to help him get 900 million dollars out of the country?

I helped him get the other 900 out.