Who's at Fault?

Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all
Default Re: Who's at Fault?

Originally Posted by Roadking
Yep, just picked up my new C70 hard top convertible. With parking sensors of course. Had the top down yesterday and it was cooool!

Surprised I wasn't blamed for your accident, Kim, I get blamed for everything!
hey, were you the dude who was looking at the A4 Cab?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:21 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
hey, were you the dude who was looking at the A4 Cab?
Nope!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:38 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Volvos have warning beepers telling you that something is behind you. My boss has one and swears by it.
If people can't drive without the use of beepers of video cameras, they should not be driving at all.

Or maybe (like 99% of the parents at JPS/JC should do) get a smaller car that they can drive properly.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Reliance on beepers / camera's etc just makes people lazy, IMHO..

The wife has both on her Durango, and yet she still didn't see the 'Speedbump' warning triangle atop an 8' metal pole when she decided to reverse straight over the top of it....

Did attempt to persuade the polis that attended that the pole simply leapt out in behind her, in an attempt to extort blood money (you know what these Eastern Europeans are like!!!)
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
If people can't drive without the use of beepers of video cameras, they should not be driving at all.

Or maybe (like 99% of the parents at JPS/JC should do) get a smaller car that they can drive properly.
I can drive properly dude, just that the car parked behind me was in such a position that I couldn't see it from any mirrors or when I turned my head - and parked illegally. The cameras are great because when you drive a 4wd there are blind spots. If there's a bike or a toddler behind your car you can't actually see them. How do you propose your see something that's behind your car out of view since you got in to the car. Get out and inspect the back of the vehicle every 30 seconds?

Last edited by Kim67; Oct 20th 2009 at 6:54 am.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Abu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really nice

I can't believe they let women drive in this country....
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:00 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I can drive properly dude, just that the car parked behind me was in such a position that I couldn't see it from any mirrors or when I turned my head - and parked illegally. The cameras are great because when you drive a 4wd there are blind spots. If there's a bike or a toddler behind your car you can't actually see them. How do you propose your see something that's behind your car out of view since you got in to the car. Get out and inspect the back of the vehicle every 30 seconds?
This is just my opinion, but it's called having awareness of your surroundings...once you rely on electronics you get lazy. Then what happens if they malfunction?

If you can't drive a 4x4 without relying on them, you should go for a smaller vehicle.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

My car has shiny things called mirrors. I just use them to see behind me.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

This is just my opinion, but it's called having awareness of your surroundings...once you rely on electronics you get lazy. Then what happens if they malfunction?

If you can't drive a 4x4 without relying on them, you should go for a smaller vehicle.
I didn't say that you should rely on them, I agree they make you lazy. But in the position I was in today, if I'd had either of them fitted, I would have been able to avoid what happened. I'm not the kind of expat wife that has arrived here without little more experience than driving the tilda to the corner store. I've been driving large cars in all types of conditions for many years.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Mrs Bear's car has reversing camera which shuts off radio when R is selected, and shows nice 5x7 colour pic, the side mirrors automatically turn downwards slightly, it has a rearview mirror and windows to look out of, sensors in the bumper that beep with growing intensity the closer an object gets.

None of that stopped her reversing neatly into the side of my car outside our house

(Naturally, after 5 minutes of post mortem it was my fault for having parked there)
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:34 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

This is what is needed....
Attached Thumbnails Who's at Fault?-accessory2.gif  
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Lazy...like when Phil Kearns two year old daughter ran behind his Touareg? Tell me that was lazy, I really dare you.

Its not intended to be a replacement for common sense and mirrors but a secondary check, for the unexpected in life. She is lucky to be alive today.

Last edited by spart; Oct 20th 2009 at 2:57 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spart
Like when Phil Kearns two year old daughter ran behind his Toureg? Tell me that was lazy, I really dare you.

Its not intended to be a replacement for common sense and mirrors but a secondary check, for the unexpected in life. She is lucky to be alive today.
That was so horrible...... that incident and a pile of other toddler hit in their driveways were the reasons it's now law in Australia to have them I think.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spart
Lazy...like when Phil Kearns two year old daughter ran behind his Touareg? Tell me that was lazy, I really dare you.

what you on about ? all the fella said was relying on electronics makes you lazy, how's he meant to know the details of a particular case? get down off your high horse but remember to check your mirrors first
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
In Australia now all new 4WD's and SUV's have to be fitted with a reverse camera, they're so good, wish the tank I drive here had one.
my car has a reverse camera, it is rubbish it makes you look like you are miles away, but the beepers are going nuts to say you are about to crash...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.