British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Who was your first? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/who-your-first-908601/)

DXBtoDOH Jan 30th 2018 5:28 am

Who was your first?

A comment from Miss Anne had me thinking.

Who was your first and how did it happen? No need to be too specific (keep it workplace safe).

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 30th 2018 7:17 am

Re: Who was your first?

Who was yours?

Millhouse Jan 30th 2018 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12430246)
Who was yours?

Or what

weasel decentral Jan 30th 2018 7:20 am

I think it was your mom if i recall correctly, or your sister. Or maybe both together :lol: Anyhow your dad has the video of it so just check with him

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 30th 2018 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12430247)
Or what

That made me chuckle.

But I'm curious as to whether it was man or woman. Guess it depends when someone knows their preference for sure. I wonder how many gay people have had straight relationships first compared to those who just know their preference from when preferences become a thing in those teenage years.

littlejimmy Jan 30th 2018 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12430250)
That made me chuckle.

But I'm curious as to whether it was man or woman. Guess it depends when someone knows their preference for sure. I wonder how many gay people have had straight relationships first compared to those who just know their preference from when preferences become a thing in those teenage years.

Or if they went to boarding school in the early 1980s...

DXBtoDOH Jan 30th 2018 7:40 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12430249)
I think it was your mom if i recall correctly, or your sister

You don't know me well, do you :unsure:

DXBtoDOH Jan 30th 2018 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12430250)
That made me chuckle.
I wonder how many gay people have had straight relationships first compared to those who just know their preference from when preferences become a thing in those teenage years.

Both happen. Quite a few started out with the opposite gender due to societal pressures and denial (or confusion stemming from societal pressures). But far less likely these days as it is decidedly a much more open (and theoretically tolerant) world.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 30th 2018 8:50 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12430264)
Both happen. Quite a few started out with the opposite gender due to societal pressures and denial (or confusion stemming from societal pressures). But far less likely these days as it is decidedly a much more open (and theoretically tolerant) world.

That's what I'd have guessed. Lots of people starting with the opposite because of pressure but much less pressure today (or much more inclusiveness / acceptance today, depends which way you look at it).

Anyway.

Mine was a girlfriend at college when I was 16.

Who was yours?

mission Jan 30th 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12430247)
Or what

:lol::lol:

DXBtoDOH Jan 30th 2018 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12430291)
That's what I'd have guessed. Lots of people starting with the opposite because of pressure but much less pressure today (or much more inclusiveness / acceptance today, depends which way you look at it).

Anyway.

Mine was a girlfriend at college when I was 16.

Who was yours?

The first I ever kissed was a girl at university. First year. First week, actually.

Then she invited me to her rooms and that's when I panicked and came up with some cockamamie story about needing to be somewhere to help a mate.

A week later at a party, a third year eyed me and said you're coming back to my college. I said I suppose I am. And I never looked back. :rolleyes:

Millhouse Jan 30th 2018 9:09 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12430301)
A week later at a party, a third year eyed me and said you're coming back to my college. I said I suppose I am. And I never looked back. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it wasn't Newnham :lol:

DXBtoDOH Jan 30th 2018 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12430313)
I'm guessing it wasn't Newnham :lol:

:lol:

Millhouse Jan 30th 2018 9:54 am

My first was also at college, although unlike DXB's it was at Newnham. Fairly unrememberable for both parties. The savage shit came later for me.

DXBtoDOH Jan 30th 2018 10:16 am

Has anyone kept track of former lovers to see what they're up to these days? FB is a huge help. So is LinkedIn.