Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who would you like to meet

Who would you like to meet

Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who would you like to meet

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Bald guy, English, just moved outta Lakes to apartment in Marina.....
i think i know him. PM me who he works for...his partner is not from the UK, correct??
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:33 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
mmmm not sure my DH has just informed me that he refuses to renew my membership at the lakes. That is due to the shit they served us before Christmas gone right down the pan. Going to see how much the health club at the Rotana. Have you been to the Millenium Hotel?
Cant say I have.. TBH, the thought of trying to drive around Greens rite now has been putting me off trying these places out....

Yep, The Lakes has been going downhill for months now. Mind you, met Felix, the F&B manager and he used to be up at Montgomery. Did a cracking job there so hopefully he can pick up the pieces left by Jeremy....
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:36 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Cant say I have.. TBH, the thought of trying to drive around Greens rite now has been putting me off trying these places out....

Yep, The Lakes has been going downhill for months now. Mind you, met Felix, the F&B manager and he used to be up at Montgomery. Did a cracking job there so hopefully he can pick up the pieces left by Jeremy....
Jeremy is still there apparently.

The Millenium are doing a deal. 777 dhs gets you a loyalty card and you get the folllowing benefits.

50% off food when two people dine, 33% when three dine etc
a 400 dhs dining certificate
15% off drinks
an overnight stay
25% discount in the spa

excellent value if you ask me friend of mine has got one she used it last week at the brunch and got her meal free
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:37 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy is still there apparently.

The Millenium are doing a deal. 777 dhs gets you a loyalty card and you get the folllowing benefits.

50% off food when two people dine, 33% when three dine etc
a 400 dhs dining certificate
15% off drinks
an overnight stay
25% discount in the spa

excellent value if you ask me friend of mine has got one she used it last week at the brunch and got her meal free

Well, spoke to Jeremy a couple fo weeks ago and he told me he was off to Ranches, so that place is going to go downhill now......!!!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, spoke to Jeremy a couple fo weeks ago and he told me he was off to Ranches, so that place is going to go downhill now......!!!
he did so well when he first came to the Lakes, it had potential.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:41 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

he did so well when he first came to the Lakes, it had potential.
Ah, but he royally screwed up last Hogmanay. Remember being in the bar when it was announced that the cost for the tables was NOT going to include alcohol!! Oh, I laughed as all these guys started frantically phoning to cancel their table bookings.....
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:42 am
Concierge

Ah, but he royally screwed up last Hogmanay. Remember being in the bar when it was announced that the cost for the tables was NOT going to include alcohol!! Oh, I laughed as all these guys started frantically phoning to cancel their table bookings.....
the standard of the food there is so bad I wouldn't even consider spending Hogmanay there! I watched the Still Game Christmas Specials the other night, thought of you and Commander
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:47 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

the standard of the food there is so bad I wouldn't even consider spending Hogmanay there! I watched the Still Game Christmas Specials the other night, thought of you and Commander
Finally relented and signed up for VPN.. Looking forward to White Thistle Club etc on Hogmanay....
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:55 am
Concierge

Finally relented and signed up for VPN.. Looking forward to White Thistle Club etc on Hogmanay....
I have got it on DVD
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:57 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

I have got it on DVD
U gonna sell it at the next bok and DVD sale????
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:57 am
Concierge

U gonna sell it at the next bok and DVD sale????
never, but you can borrow it
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:06 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

the lakes used to be really good 3-4 years ago. It was my home from home much to my good ladies disdain
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:07 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
the lakes used to be really good 3-4 years ago. It was my home from home much to my good ladies disdain
yes your right it was really good then, I dont know how they justify their prices. Everytime I go round there the place is empty.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:01 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I use VPN for BBC iPlayer...but with the cable problems in the Med - download speed is erratic - the iPlayer often shuts down. I'm on a 2 MBps package as well.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
it's on Twinkles facebook, so you need to be friends with her to see it...
It's good to be friends with Twinkie...
Friendship pays...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.