Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who Is Staying Here For Xmas?

Who Is Staying Here For Xmas?

Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:23 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Is Staying Here For Xmas?

Not had Xmas in the UK since 99. Will be working this year but finishing early on Xmas day, then running wife and kids to Bahrain ASAP for some real booze.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

I will be staying, not had a Christmas back in Blighty since I moved here. Quite like Christmas here, the place is much quieter, roads are less busy and get a few days off work
Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
I will be staying, not had a Christmas back in Blighty since I moved here. Quite like Christmas here, the place is much quieter, roads are less busy and get a few days off work
Crikey, been a while. How's things mate?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

yeah don't think I have been on here for about 6 months! Been lurking a bit but it seems to have been very quiet on here.

You going Sevens next week?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

yeah don't think I have been on here for about 6 months! Been lurking a bit but it seems to have been very quiet on here.

You going Sevens next week?
Yeah, very dull.

Most likely, probably only the Friday though, which is rubbish.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

I have thought about booking the Sunday off work but not sure yet.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 5:14 am
Account Closed

I have thought about booking the Sunday off work but not sure yet.
This will be the first time I don't go Saturday as well, normally a much better day watching more rugby. Still, no holiday left for Sunday.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute

My last Christmas in the UK was nearly 10 years ago, and was crushingly awkward and uncomfortable as always. This December arbitrary date I shall be in Riyadh, crying into my cornflakes, as usual.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 5:10 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gobobo
My last Christmas in the UK was nearly 10 years ago, and was crushingly awkward and uncomfortable as always. This December arbitrary date I shall be in Riyadh, crying into my cornflakes, as usual.
At least it's a Thursday.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

In 6 years of being here we went back once for Xmas, never again!! Too dark, too cold, and far too stressful trying to jam pack in a visit to every corner of the sprawling family! Nah, MUCH prefer staying here. Last year and booked again for this year, Christmas day Brunch at The Ivy for us and some chums, followed by drinks round the pool. Can't wait!
Old Dec 1st 2014, 12:10 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off home for the 1st time in 3 years and I cannot wait. Stuck the xmas tree up last weekend here and I miss the cold, I miss carol singers, I miss the same old repetitive shite songs in all the shops and I miss 3 quid a pint and mulled wine. 11 days with the family and I am visiting nobody, If they want to see me they can find me - followed by 5 days in London with the wife pushing infront of Arabs in harrods, eating in the most expensive restaurants that look cheap these days and getting smashed on a booze cruise NYE. Did I say I cannot wait? 17th - out of here.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
At least it's a Thursday.
Aye, I'll drink to that!