Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who is off for the summer

Who is off for the summer

Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is off for the summer

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I like the summers here so shall be staying put - apart from a week in the UK and potentially a month of insane business travel.
So 5 weeks away then
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Off for 5 weeks myself. Have to take the DS to Scotland to meet the family as he's a "proper 'family name' baby". Really resent them (with bloody good reason) so have booked a house half an hour away from their farm.

Then down to the South of England for 4 weeks. Did the summer here last year and left it too late this year to book anywhere we liked in france, italy or Spain. Next year the plan is Europe for the summer and Mauritius for christmas.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Off for 5 weeks myself. Have to take the DS to Scotland to meet the family as he's a "proper 'family name' baby". Really resent them (with bloody good reason) so have booked a house half an hour away from their farm.

Then down to the South of England for 4 weeks. Did the summer here last year and left it too late this year to book anywhere we liked in france, italy or Spain. Next year the plan is Europe for the summer and Mauritius for christmas.

what's the reason? No shortbread offered?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So 5 weeks away then
Maybe. More likely to be 2 weeks as it's unlikely all the travel will come off. I normally always come back for weekends if possible though.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:25 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

43 years old and 4' 4'' with the brains of a rocking horse.
You lucky, lucky bastard.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

what's the reason? No shortbread offered?
Refusing to cook with garlic, chilli or herbs and spices!

Last edited by al dente; Jun 29th 2011 at 5:29 am. Reason: chill would be what they would cook with if they could
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe. More likely to be 2 weeks as it's unlikely all the travel will come off. I normally always come back for weekends if possible though.
What's the w/e incentive? Is the family staying or has the maid has finished her chores and ready to go off piste?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What's the w/e incentive? Is the family staying or has the maid has finished her chores and ready to go off piste?
Now that would be telling.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kittycat1
So who is sitting the summer out and who is jetting off and where are you going?
A couple of weeks back in Blighty at the end of August to look forward to.

I actually like Dubai in the summer, hardly any traffic, no school run to do, can park at Spinneys any time of the day.

Spent all last summer here and am only going back to UK as have been guilt-tripped by the family!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

43 years old and 4' 4'' with the brains of a rocking horse.
Sounds perfect. Do they do them as a wife or just maids?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sounds perfect. Do they do them as a wife or just maids?
If you are ordering one on the internet I'm sure you can get the wife version.

I'd get a taller maid next time as she can't reach the top cupboards to clean them.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

I'd get a taller maid next time as she can't reach the top cupboards to clean them.
a wooden chair is the answer to this problem
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

4 foot something is perfect.

Just tell her to touch her toes and then take a run up.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
This year, Ramadan is spelt M-A-U-R-I-T-I-U-S..............
I hate you.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:08 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a euphemism?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.