Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who needs two parents ?

Who needs two parents ?

Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:32 pm
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who needs two parents ?

Originally Posted by Autonomy
in probable futile attempt to get back on track...

My parents divorced when I was about 10. Was crap at the time but if the parent you are with can handle it and you do have regular access to the other I really don't think there is that much, if any, detrimental effect. Double the presents is no bad thing when your 10....

The only negative was peer stigma (this was 25 odd years ago) - this stigma is not there anymore I'd think...

That is a sad story. I don't feel your pain but I am aware of it now..Sometimes divorce is the best thing for almost everyone. One of my best childhood friends lived in a little brick house by the railroad tracks. I remember when I slept over there we'd have stuff like macaroni and cheese and hot dogs..Nobody noticed at the time but lookin back they did'nt have much. It cost almost nothing to go to a ballgame back then and I remember he couldnt even come up with the money for that.. Then all of a sudden his beautiful mother divorces his dad, instantly remarries the owner of a construction company and my friend is living in a mansion, driving a corvette and has his own boat. He eventually went to a big time university and got a high paying ghost job within his stepdads company..Best thing that ever happened to him..Some women are just so beautiful and so lovable that they can really move up if they want to.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:33 pm
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eva
I tend to think an adult who 'babys' their adult partner ain't natural ....

It's not natural for a woman to not want to be taken care of and looked after.

May I ask how you know this given that you have been with a 'baby' for twenty years...........?

No
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
As a divorced Father of two children, I found this article very interesting....

Is it imperative these days to bring children up in a traditional family environment, or are kids less effected than we think when they are brought up in a single parent household ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...family-divorce
A man with a huge guilt complex ...
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:48 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
What are everyone's views on kids being brought up by two mums or dads in a same-sex relationship, as opposed to your standard ma and pa, different sex?
Makes no difference who brings up children. There's plenty of successful same sex parents, polygamous and polyamourus parents and just plain weird and odd people bringing up productive and adjusted children into adulthood.

Children need love, support, discipline, guidance and the knowledge that at least one person is there to take care of them when they feel scared or sad. I know this as a father who doesn't live with his son but who sees him regularly.

I know plenty of people who grew up in nuclear families and turned out badly and a number of people from "broken" homes who are getting on just fine. Adults can choose to be idiots or good parents regardless of their lifestyles.

N.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:46 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Makes no difference who brings up children. There's plenty of successful same sex parents, polygamous and polyamourus parents and just plain weird and odd people bringing up productive and adjusted children into adulthood.

Children need love, support, discipline, guidance and the knowledge that at least one person is there to take care of them when they feel scared or sad. I know this as a father who doesn't live with his son but who sees him regularly.

I know plenty of people who grew up in nuclear families and turned out badly and a number of people from "broken" homes who are getting on just fine. Adults can choose to be idiots or good parents regardless of their lifestyles.

N.
Polyamourus...thanks for the new word of the week !

Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack
That is a sad story. I don't feel your pain but I am aware of it now..Sometimes divorce is the best thing for almost everyone. One of my best childhood friends lived in a little brick house by the railroad tracks. I remember when I slept over there we'd have stuff like macaroni and cheese and hot dogs..Nobody noticed at the time but lookin back they did'nt have much. It cost almost nothing to go to a ballgame back then and I remember he couldnt even come up with the money for that.. Then all of a sudden his beautiful mother divorces his dad, instantly remarries the owner of a construction company and my friend is living in a mansion, driving a corvette and has his own boat. He eventually went to a big time university and got a high paying ghost job within his stepdads company..Best thing that ever happened to him..Some women are just so beautiful and so lovable that they can really move up if they want to.
Fake.

You aren't an American.

-
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:40 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Fake.

You aren't an American.

-

Methinks it's that guy Mary Smith again .............
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva

Methinks it's that guy Mary Smith again .............
oh it is for sure...mary smith/the diabolical/johhny rocket (or whatever)/ sheikh zayed road/manos...

what i don't get is why...it's not funny, it's not even a game trying to spot him, so why do it...?

MM, xx
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh it is for sure...mary smith/the diabolical/johhny rocket (or whatever)/ sheikh zayed road/manos...

what i don't get is why...it's not funny, it's not even a game trying to spot him, so why do it...?

MM, xx
lack of sex
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
lack of sex
speaking of, how is wankerism with you, 3rd day and all
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

lack of sex
what, all year round...?? poor sod, maybe he deserves our sympathies then...

MM, xx
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:18 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
speaking of, how is wankerism with you, 3rd day and all
its dragging...but the training is great...i have something on every single night..and it keeps me out of the pub!!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:02 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

its dragging...but the training is great...i have something on every single night..and it keeps me out of the pub!!
Fancy a pint this week then?

N.