Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who has been here all summer?

Who has been here all summer?

Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has been here all summer?

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned View Post
The definition of a virgin in Norfolk?...A girl who can run faster than her uncle!!
No, no, no! A girl who can run faster than her brother..!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx View Post
No, no, no! A girl who can run faster than her brother..!
Same same darling xx
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:48 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
I was here all summer and it felt as hot as usual. For Ramadan we were barely outdoors during the day so missed out on the worst of it.
I really don't see the point of anyone trying to argue that it wasn't as hot this year. It was (and still is) hot and humid enough to make being outside for any length of time pretty unpleasant.

OK, I guess if you're just sitting next to a swimming pool for hours on end it's different to actually having to wear clothes and walk around doing things, but I find the idea of sitting by a swimming pool all day about as attractive as root canal without anaesthetic - I want to be out and about doing stuff, and in the summer in Dubai that basically means going to shopping malls and sticking your hand in your pocket to pay for things to keep the kids amused.

Whereas in the UK, we enjoyed very pleasant temperatures and were able to be out in the sunshine all day doing all kinds of fun things out in the countryside entirely for free, and the kids got to spend quality time with their grandparents. 25C and low humidity at Three Cliffs Bay on the Gower, or 38C and high humidity next to an artificial swimming pool in a soulless concrete compound in a sandpit? Absolutely no contest as far as I'm concerned.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 3:58 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
I really don't see the point of anyone trying to argue that it wasn't as hot this year. It was (and still is) hot and humid enough to make being outside for any length of time pretty unpleasant.

OK, I guess if you're just sitting next to a swimming pool for hours on end it's different to actually having to wear clothes and walk around doing things, but I find the idea of sitting by a swimming pool all day about as attractive as root canal without anaesthetic - I want to be out and about doing stuff, and in the summer in Dubai that basically means going to shopping malls and sticking your hand in your pocket to pay for things to keep the kids amused.

Whereas in the UK, we enjoyed very pleasant temperatures and were able to be out in the sunshine all day doing all kinds of fun things out in the countryside entirely for free, and the kids got to spend quality time with their grandparents. 25C and low humidity at Three Cliffs Bay on the Gower, or 38C and high humidity next to an artificial swimming pool in a soulless concrete compound in a sandpit? Absolutely no contest as far as I'm concerned.
No comparison....based purely on price by the sounds of it...
Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:36 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post

For the first time in 8 years. I couldn't agree more