Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who has been here all summer?

Who has been here all summer?

Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has been here all summer?

No, went to my adopted home and held my granddaughter for the first time
Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:16 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

my parents are here, hers arent
no one left, although to be honest she wanted to
so next year they will go and I would be freeeeeeeee to run around naked in the house, and occasionally outside on the roads as well
Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Yep been here as always. The little'un has had a good summer, the only problem being the street has been quite deserted of children! now that everybody is back they are all out on their bikes again. lovely weather, nice quiet times, movies etc.

Give it a couple of weeks and the traffic will be manic at 7am....
Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I stay every year, I work through the summer..I have only left Dubai 5 times in 10 years If I want to see friends, they tend to come over in the cooler months, I have 8 of them arriving next month :-D
Old Aug 24th 2013, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

I've stayed! And kinda enjoyed the heat.. for every 10 minutes a day I spend in it.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 7:31 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
I've stayed! And kinda enjoyed the heat.. for every 10 minutes a day I spend in it.
Did the kids enjoy it?
Old Aug 24th 2013, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
Did the kids enjoy it?
I am yet to give birth to any
Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:58 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Odd summer for my family, lots of time together, owing to the timing of the UK school hols and Ramadan. We managed 1 week in the UK, followed by 2 weeks in Spain, followed by 3 weeks in Doha, followed by two weeks in the UK.

Now I'm back working in Doha on my own, UK flight already booked for the next Eid. 7 weeks and counting down...
Old Aug 25th 2013, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Yes we have been here for the summer too!
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Been here all summer, my lot tend to come and visit me in the winter months, off to China for a month soon to see the in-laws and to do some serious travelling.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 5:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
We have been here all summer. I wouldn't dare leave my husband here, he'd live on beer and takeaways all summer and I'd come back to Homer Simpson. I don't worry about him sleeping around, though - he's far too tight to pay for it. That is something I do not have to worry about.
The mrs panics about exactly that - I found a donner kebab place downstairs to give me an alternate to Subway, Bobs F&C and Pizzawrap.

Apart from the two week hols, I've been here all summer.

The Mrs went home for 3 weeks and it sucked because I'd rather see her than not but was also great to play more golf, have more boys time and shit with the bathroom door open.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 6:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Yea, fair enough I have a humongous family and the summer is a part of the year that they look forward to my daughter coming back.

Didn't mean to be an ass with my last post
thanks, I would be a liar if I didn't say I was a little upset at your comments, but then I always say in mind, it's just Commander
Old Aug 25th 2013, 7:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
thanks, I would be a liar if I didn't say I was a little upset at your comments, but then I always say in mind, it's just Commander
I sometimes read Commander's posts and wonder if it is the chap I met that night in The Stables....he was tall and ginger so there is every chance but he was a completely likeable softie.

Old Aug 25th 2013, 10:10 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I sometimes read Commander's posts and wonder if it is the chap I met that night in The Stables....he was tall and ginger so there is every chance but he was a completely likeable softie.

That's me. I'm misunderstood
Old Aug 25th 2013, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I have only left Dubai 5 times in 10 years
How depressing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.