Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who has been here all summer?

Who has been here all summer?

Old Aug 29th 2013, 10:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Who has been here all summer?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
this has been one of the coolest summers I can remember
Definitely. It's my third and they all seem to get cooler, but this year I've definitely not seen the high 40's, low 50's that I did year before last.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 10:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Definitely. It's my third and they all seem to get cooler, but this year I've definitely not seen the high 40's, low 50's that I did year before last.
and a lot less humid, not had an issue with the heat at all this year to me it has been no different than it was in June.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Would kinda agree, although I do think you get more tolerant of the heat as your tenure goes on. I'm on my 6th now and although it has been toasty (I am outside a lot, and sometimes for a good few hours) it hasn't been unbearable.

There has defiantly been less in the way of sun glasses steaming so far, however, the most humid time is yet to land I fear.

The weather is certainly changing now though as I have been picking up chest infections and colds the last 2 weeks.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 10:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

and a lot less humid, not had an issue with the heat at all this year to me it has been no different than it was in June.
Originally Posted by jam25mack

There has defiantly been less in the way of sun glasses steaming so far, however, the most humid time is yet to land I fear.
Good points, I've not had many glasses issues. Only a few evenings I've gone for a burner on the balcony and instantly regretted it...
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:12 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I was here all summer and it felt as hot as usual. For Ramadan we were barely outdoors during the day so missed out on the worst of it.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I was here all summer and it felt as hot as usual. For Ramadan we were barely outdoors during the day so missed out on the worst of it.
only a couple of time did the thermometer on my car go over 40 degrees, we were at the pool most days during Ramadan as well, I had my cousin visiting from the UK, even she coped with the temps.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 12:57 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

only a couple of time did the thermometer on my car go over 40 degrees, we were at the pool most days during Ramadan as well, I had my cousin visiting from the UK, even she coped with the temps.
Please don't tell me you take notice of a car thermometer?
Old Aug 29th 2013, 2:06 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Please don't tell me you take notice of a car thermometer?
yes and the one in the garden in the shade my car one is pretty good, plus I don't need a thermometer to tell you this summer was cooler than previous ones.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 6:26 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

we've had humidity the last couple weeks up into high 90%s+ and temps in high 30s, low 40s, but Ramadhan & Eid were awesome - even dropped to 20s in daytime....!
Old Aug 29th 2013, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meow
Other posters have also questioned this (although I am sure we all wonder why we bother) but the fact is that many men have a decent and balanced view of womenand are quite capable of keeping their flies zipped. Not all men objectify women, although your religion seems somewhat obsessed with who is sleeping with whom.

Sigh.
I think i did tackle this subject with you before when i put a question to you and you disappeared in thin air. My question was why your law is against incest relationships!! Isn't that a kind of obcession with who sleeps with whom!!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I think i did tackle this subject with you before when i put a question to you and you disappeared in thin air. My question was why your law is against incest relationships!! Isn't that a kind of obcession with who sleeps with whom!!
because we like to keep the ears on the side of our heads and keep the number of toes to five.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
because we like to keep the ears on the side of our heads and keep the number of toes to five.
High 6 does not sound as good as high5!..
Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
High 6 does not sound as good as high5!..
does in Norfolk
Old Aug 30th 2013, 8:29 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
:hysterical
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
does in Norfolk
The definition of a virgin in Norfolk?...A girl who can run faster than her uncle!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.