Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Who has been here all summer?

Who has been here all summer?

Old Aug 24th 2013, 6:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who has been here all summer?

Who has been here all summer? which men have been here on their own whilst the wives and kids have gone home? thank you
Old Aug 24th 2013, 7:01 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who has been here all summer?

Me, except family have been here too. Apart from not being able to have a late afternoon beer and the roads being quiet it's no different.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 7:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Me, except family have been here too. Apart from not being able to have a late afternoon beer and the roads being quiet it's no different.
I agree and the temperatures this year have been fine, I don't get why some families jump on a plane the day schools ends, leaving the Father's here. Just not my thing.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 7:21 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I agree and the temperatures this year have been fine, I don't get why some families jump on a plane the day schools ends, leaving the Father's here. Just not my thing.
Maybe the father's insist - so they can "relax" too?
Old Aug 24th 2013, 7:26 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kix
Maybe the father's insist - so they can "relax" too?
there is no need though, plenty of stuff to do here these days it's not like it was in the 80's
Old Aug 24th 2013, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

My family left me alone for four weeks, perfectly bearable.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here all summer - longest I've been in Dubai without travelling at the moment- last time I travelled was May- starting to get stir crazy. Only a couple of weeks then i have a business trip though so I can experience normal again.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here all summer. I wouldn't dare leave my husband here, he'd live on beer and takeaways all summer and I'd come back to Homer Simpson. I don't worry about him sleeping around, though - he's far too tight to pay for it. That is something I do not have to worry about.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 8:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
We have been here all summer. I wouldn't dare leave my husband here, he'd live on beer and takeaways all summer and I'd come back to Homer Simpson. I don't worry about him sleeping around, though - he's far too tight to pay for it. That is something I do not have to worry about.

Old Aug 24th 2013, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been here all Summer. With my Fiancee, Temps haven't been bad at all. The only difference i noticed was turning off my Xbox an hour earlier to dash round the floors an do the dishes before the boss got home early .
Old Aug 24th 2013, 9:16 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Chris_m
I've been here all Summer. With my Fiancee, Temps haven't been bad at all. The only difference i noticed was turning off my Xbox an hour earlier to dash round the floors an do the dishes before the boss got home early .
the weather I think has been very kind this summer, I had my cousin visit and I was worried she wouldn't cope with the heat but it was fine, never went over the 40 degrees the couple of weeks she was with us
Old Aug 24th 2013, 11:06 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Because, being unselfish, it's a small sacrifice for me and my parents and sisters and extended family get to spend a couple of months with their grandchildren. Also my brother in law is in London so my gang head down there for a week also...

Maybe you don't get it because your family are all here? Or you are not really bothered about your kid spending quality time with grandparents (of course if they are still kicking around of course)

We are all different. Personally I wouldn't put a 5 year old through a summer here, it'd bordering on cruelty, unless your life revolves around malls and air conditioned houses.

I happily switch on Skype on an evening and watch my daughter out the back door playing on her bike with her cousins and spending 10hrs a day outside in the fresh air.

My wife has no worries with me when they are away. She knows I just train like a maniac and eat healthily as normal..
Old Aug 24th 2013, 12:53 pm
Concierge

Commander each to their own at the end of the day, I prefer to visit the UK in the Winter, pre-Christmas it is more atmospheric etc. I don't have any contact with my parents. I would have liked to take a trip to the UK this Summer but I wouldn't have gone for the entire summer.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 1:37 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Commander each to their own at the end of the day, I prefer to visit the UK in the Winter, pre-Christmas it is more atmospheric etc. I don't have any contact with my parents. I would have liked to take a trip to the UK this Summer but I wouldn't have gone for the entire summer.
Yea, fair enough I have a humongous family and the summer is a part of the year that they look forward to my daughter coming back.

Didn't mean to be an ass with my last post
Old Aug 24th 2013, 1:38 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

We both work, so we did have a couple of short 1 week holidays, but the kids have been stuck here for most of the summer (too young to go to UK on their own yet). It's not been great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.