British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Who dresses you? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/who-dresses-you-904971/)

Miss Ann Thrope Oct 24th 2017 8:59 am

Re: Who dresses you?

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 12367306)
clothes are just plant / insect extracts woven together to serve a purpose
I deliberately have the same type and color of shirts and pants so I dont have to waste time choosing what to wear for office
I never look at the labels and to be honest dont like buying too expensive but I do appreciate the fact that if its too cheap then it wont last more than a year
Used to get hand made cotton shirts and shoes but 'grew' out of that
and I sleep in my birthday suit...best PJs ever! :D

Pretty much all of this - but while I do appreciate the image of you sleeping, tattooed, sans culottes, I hope you have upgraded your bed-linen for that direct contact....;)

Miss Ann Thrope Oct 24th 2017 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12367255)
John Lewis used to do some beautifully simple but smart, tailored above knee shorts.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

No.

scot47 Oct 24th 2017 9:09 am

All those "dedicated followers of fashion" ! i suppose none of them do Irony !

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 24th 2017 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12367320)
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

No.

You haven't seen my legs, they're unbelievably good.

BTW - above knee is basically to the top of the knee, not skin tight tiny shorts that you'll find at a Blue Marlin.

Bahtatboy Oct 24th 2017 9:32 am

http://www.wearmuddyboots.com/boots-300.jpg

Arnold S Oct 24th 2017 10:00 am

From my teenage years onwards I spent most of the time dressing either preppy or middle aged from a mixture of CP Company, Barbour, Paul Smith, Paul & Shark, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Markies and whatever else has came and gone.

Now, I'm actually middle aged and those alt-right clowns have commandeered chinos and a polo, tend to wear more work wear stuff from Carhartt, Stussy, RRL and lesser known brands like 6876

Though the reality is due to the kids and change in lifestyle, it's shorts from Markies and Debenhams and whatever polo, usually given as a present, comes to hand.

DXBtoDOH Oct 24th 2017 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12367320)

No.

So says the self-confessed slob.

All my shorts are above the knees. Some are even a bit short :sneaky:

I find longer shorts awkward from a proportional perspective. Something about the regular shorts (as i to just above the knees) seems the right balance between skin and cloth. But shorts below the knees? Might as well go the whole way and just wear trousers.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 24th 2017 10:27 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12367363)
So says the self-confessed slob.

All my shorts are above the knees. Some are even a bit short :sneaky:

I find longer shorts awkward from a proportional perspective. Something about the regular shorts (as i to just above the knees) seems the right balance between skin and cloth. But shorts below the knees? Might as well go the whole way and just wear trousers.

Dads in 3/4 lengths. Shudder

Bahtatboy Oct 24th 2017 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12367370)
Dads in 3/4 lengths. Shudder

Exactly. Some people take no pride in their appearance. :sneaky:

martinbkk Oct 24th 2017 10:44 am

Shorts :(
Above or below the knee :blink::huh:

Don't tell me, turn ups and pin stripes :confused:

Exposure of skin is something I tend to minimise in public, for everyone's benefit I think.

Clothing in the bedroom though, well it's just another obstacle.

ExpatAl Oct 24th 2017 11:19 am

Above knee for tailored, below knee for more casual pairs (combat, denim etc)

jam25mack Oct 24th 2017 1:32 pm

I don't do tailored shorts so its always below the knee for me.

As for what I wear....

Work stuff, outdooresque active but smartish trousers with either a longsleeve shirt (Next or some other crap) and if I'm out on site one of my many Carhartt polos.

Out and about, Jeans. Have 2 pairs, one casual and one smart. Both next. Used to be big into decent Jeans but I find it so hard to find a decent pair these days I begrudge paying decent cash for them. Wouldn't be seen dead in the tight monstrosities they all seem to be punting these days. Jeans are meant to be roomy not tight or boot cut. Top wise, either a long or short sleaved shirt, Oakley, Vans, Etnies, Hugo Boss, RL, Timberland etc. Nothing too exotic. I have lots of T-shirts, generaly skate or snowboardesque brands..... decent ones, though, not your Quiksilver crap.

Boxers. As a good number of my Calvins were retired a few months ago I did some online research and got a load of the Underarmour ones GQ or whoever had rated as their comfiest boxers. They're decent.

TBH I haven't spent any decent cash on clothes in a long while. I really do need a massive clear out and then go out and drop a few grand.

Gavtek Oct 24th 2017 4:21 pm

Only an absolute dognonce wears shorts that don't stop in the centre of the kneecap.

martinbkk Oct 25th 2017 2:07 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/u...2538.jpg?w=500