British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   White hair (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/white-hair-915674/)

DXBtoDOH Aug 5th 2018 6:44 am

White hair

I think I spotted my first white hair this morning whilst shaving. Something glinted in the stubble :(

But I made it to 38 before having the first white hair. Being blond helps.

What about you?

scrubbedexpat094 Aug 5th 2018 7:05 am

Re: White hair

I hate young people :p

scot47 Aug 5th 2018 7:13 am

When I noticed, i started to use hair dye. One of my students asked "Teacher, why you colour your hair ?" So i accepted the grey and then the silver. Old age in the ME gets you RESPECT !

DXBtoDOH Aug 5th 2018 7:21 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12543314)
When I noticed, i started to use hair dye. One of my students asked "Teacher, why you colour your hair ?" So i accepted the grey and then the silver. Old age in the ME gets you RESPECT !

Being rude and arrogant and pushy and demanding is what gets you respect in the Middle East. Bonus points if you drive a massive white Land Cruiser or Patrol.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 5th 2018 7:35 am

I have many flickers of grey in my hair, down the sides of my head mainly, nothing major but a bit. Started when I was about 27/28 I think.

Doesn't really bother me, in fact, it makes me even more distinguished, impressive and handsome :whistle:

My best buddy is almost completely grey and has been heading that way since early 20's (he's early 30's now).

Embrace it. I have seen a few gents in their late 40's / early 50's who are clearly meant to be grey with dark hair and it's daft.

TheShed Aug 5th 2018 7:38 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12543315)
Being rude and arrogant and pushy and demanding is what gets you respect in the Middle East. Bonus points if you drive a massive white Land Cruiser or Patrol.

Damn, with my full head of grey hair and the above attributes, I must have now reached maximum respect.

Dorothy Aug 5th 2018 7:45 am

Just wait until you see your first grey publics.

weasel decentral Aug 5th 2018 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12543323)
Just wait until you see your first grey publics.

grey public what?

weasel decentral Aug 5th 2018 7:50 am

I'm approaching fully white now, and I'm not an old geezer yet. Was going white since 30, though I've got the swag to pull it off babez

Pongo Aug 5th 2018 8:01 am

Salt and pepper for a while, more salt and less pepper now.

jam25mack Aug 5th 2018 9:42 am

Salt and pepper for me too. Have had gray hair since my (very) early 30's. Don't mind it.

Not a fan of it in my stubble tho.

Dorothy Aug 5th 2018 11:25 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12543325)
grey public what?

Publics is what my sister calls pubes.

Brains1983 Aug 6th 2018 7:49 am

started balding mid teens, first grey hairs early 20s. speeding up now however only notice it on my beard as I rock the cue-ball look up top.

Irishbeekeeper Aug 7th 2018 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 12543740)
started balding mid teens, first grey hairs early 20s. speeding up now however only notice it on my beard as I rock the cue-ball look up top.

same here but I look better than him :D
but my first grey hair in the beard started right after I moved to Dubai 7/8 years ago
I dont use the traditional Dye, I use Henna, the original kind which takes 5-6 hours to mature but atleast hasnt any ammonia in it, I hate the smell of ammonia
Highly recommended for anyone willing to rock a little dark brown / dark orange in their hair

Millhouse Aug 7th 2018 3:04 pm

Loads of grey hair here and I love it - really accelerated this year too.