British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Whilst Ex Pats go to jail (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whilst-ex-pats-go-jail-779585/)

britexpat76 Dec 4th 2012 8:07 am

Whilst Ex Pats go to jail

The locals get their slates wiped clean or help

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...1-000-emiratis

I like this part the most “There are many young people who are unaware of the consequences of loans, once they fell into the trap they couldn’t move on,” she said. “So if they can’t start their own businesses because of their loans they can’t live a good status because of the loans. Sometimes the loans are for serious necessities like for marriage or for a car.”

Other than the shit English, a Car and Marriage are a 'Serious Necessity' ? Buy a Tiida shithead.

Meow Dec 4th 2012 8:10 am

Re: Whilst Ex Pats go to jail

I'm about to do a radio interview on this topic, but I need to be very careful about what I say...

Cypselos Dec 4th 2012 8:11 am

Earlier, the loans of an additional 184 Emiratis were forgiven by Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank through a private initiative designed for those with debts of less than Dh50,000 The total debt for that group was Dh20m.

With maths like that no wonder they're so ****ed up.

britexpat76 Dec 4th 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10414986)
I'm about to do a radio interview on this topic, but I need to be very careful about what I say...

Erm, yes......

I don't even want to write what I think........... It is rotten from the top down and laughable.

Millhouse Dec 4th 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10414986)

you think people actually tune in? :rofl:

Meow Dec 4th 2012 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10414994)
you think people actually tune in? :rofl:

You may not, but average listeners for Dubai Eye are between 50,000 and 100,000.
Listening figures for Dubai 92 are even higher.

I could be doomed...

Cypselos Dec 4th 2012 8:43 am

Didnt' they do this twice this year already?

jackthehat Dec 4th 2012 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Cypselos (Post 10415044)
Didnt' they do this twice this year already?

Just the same as happened to Victoria and Nanette! - They were wonderful! BTW what did happen to them?

Meow Dec 4th 2012 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10415166)
Just the same as happened to Victoria and Nanette! - They were wonderful! BTW what did happen to them?

Victoria died from cancer a few years ago.

jackthehat Dec 4th 2012 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10415182)
Victoria died from cancer a few years ago.

I heard that, but what about Nanette? - Is she still in Dubai? I loved to listen to both of them, they were a breath of Fresh Air!

Meow Dec 4th 2012 10:44 am

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10415221)
I heard that, but what about Nanette? - Is she still in Dubai? I loved to listen to both of them, they were a breath of Fresh Air!

I think Nanette is the director of some kind of media company. I thought they were good on air too.

Blue Cat Dec 4th 2012 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10415262)
I think Nanette is the director of some kind of media company. I thought they were good on air too.

yes I miss those two on air, they were always such good fun, Nanette said after Victoria's death that she would never return to the airwaves

jackthehat Dec 4th 2012 10:59 am

Such a shame. I loved to listen to them both as I travelled from Dubai to Jebel Ali every morning. It was like listenting to Radio 4 in the UK (I actually appreciated the Traffic Jams)

Bahtatboy Dec 4th 2012 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10415290)
Such a shame. I loved to listen to them both as I travelled from Dubai to Jebel Ali every morning. It was like listenting to Radio 4 in the UK (I actually appreciated the Traffic Jams)

So close...I thought you'd actually achieved it there.

coffindodger Dec 4th 2012 1:26 pm

Many years ago when i was last in the UAE, We had Ms Lucky on the wireless in them days, ye olden days !!!! ha ha .