Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

wheres lively on a Wednesday night

wheres lively on a Wednesday night

Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default wheres lively on a Wednesday night

Hi all,

I have been volunteered to take out a freind of a freind who is visiting Dubai tonight, I've never met her but she wants to go somewhere where she can let her hair down a bit, have something to eat and enjoy a few drinks- wheres good ona Wednesday night?

Kitty
xxx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

I have been volunteered to take out a freind of a freind who is visiting Dubai tonight, I've never met her but she wants to go somewhere where she can let her hair down a bit, have something to eat and enjoy a few drinks- wheres good ona Wednesday night?

Kitty
xxx
carters at Wafi is good, band on, a friendly place and the food is bloody great (get the pork, it's brilliant).
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Jebel Ali Club quiz night and then the Shepherds Rest till 3am.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
carters at Wafi is good, band on, a friendly place and the food is bloody great (get the pork, it's brilliant).
spugsy, carters is shite...please, i thought you had better taste than that...

MM, xx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:26 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
nah I always liked it, just becuase its not 'the place to be' anymore - I've always had a good time in there.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

nah I always liked it, just becuase its not 'the place to be' anymore - I've always had a good time in there.
i don't ever give a monkeys about being in a place to be, when i went there, it was seriously shite...anyway...agree to disagree, i guess...

MM, xx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:07 pm
why ayeeeee man!

i don't ever give a monkeys about being in a place to be, when i went there, it was seriously shite...anyway...agree to disagree, i guess...

MM, xx
when was it?

I haven't been for about a year to be honest, but used to go there a lot.

Was in the belgian beer cafe at barsha the other night, not bad but nowhere near as good as the one at DFC, apart from that been working in media city so been in the radisson there a lot and am being dragged to teh underground tomrorrow, even though I hate the shit-tip of a place.

My mate isover from teh Toon on the weekend, staying near the airport, was gonna take him for some food, was thinking the rivington grill at souk al bahar as never been, but always wanted to - think you mentioned it a while ago? well worth a trip?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

when was it?

Was in the belgian beer cafe at barsha the other night, not bad but nowhere near as good as the one at DFC, apart from that been working in media city so been in the radisson there a lot and am being dragged to teh underground tomrorrow, even though I hate the shit-tip of a place.

My mate isover from teh Toon on the weekend, staying near the airport, was gonna take him for some food, was thinking the rivington grill at souk al bahar as never been, but always wanted to - think you mentioned it a while ago? well worth a trip?
it was probably about a year ago...

the belgian beer place in barsha is seriously bad...terrible serivce and food, it was so bad we got 25% off the bill cos the manager was so embarrassed...

yeah, rivington is fab...mango tree next door to it is also great if you fancied thai...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:06 am
Banned

Lucky Luckhearst is an unknown quantity at this point

MM, xx
No, he doesn't- His idea of a good time is baking pastries with his "mates"
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:47 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been to the one in TECOM a few times, never had problems. Only went for the beer.

It is smaller than Festival City but when the weather cools down the rooftop terrace should be awesome.

I hate having to go anywhere near the Creek side of Dubai, so wild horses ain't dragging me to Festival City unless for very good reasons.

it was probably about a year ago...

the belgian beer place in barsha is seriously bad...terrible serivce and food, it was so bad we got 25% off the bill cos the manager was so embarrassed...

MM, xx
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Lucky Luckhearst
No, he doesn't- His idea of a good time is baking pastries with his "mates"
what you on about you cûnt?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

when was it?

The Rivington Grill's a cracking restaurant , great menu , fairly well priced and a nice lively atmosphere.