British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   wheres lively on a Wednesday night (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wheres-lively-wednesday-night-678643/)

kittycat1 Jul 28th 2010 6:31 am

wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 
Hi all,

I have been volunteered to take out a freind of a freind who is visiting Dubai tonight, I've never met her but she wants to go somewhere where she can let her hair down a bit, have something to eat and enjoy a few drinks- wheres good ona Wednesday night?

Kitty
xxx

Spugsy Jul 28th 2010 6:39 am

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8733810)
Hi all,

I have been volunteered to take out a freind of a freind who is visiting Dubai tonight, I've never met her but she wants to go somewhere where she can let her hair down a bit, have something to eat and enjoy a few drinks- wheres good ona Wednesday night?

Kitty
xxx

carters at Wafi is good, band on, a friendly place and the food is bloody great (get the pork, it's brilliant).

spartans53 Jul 28th 2010 12:43 pm

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 
Jebel Ali Club quiz night and then the Shepherds Rest till 3am.

Madam Medusa Jul 28th 2010 5:47 pm

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8733829)
carters at Wafi is good, band on, a friendly place and the food is bloody great (get the pork, it's brilliant).

spugsy, carters is shite...please, i thought you had better taste than that...

MM, xx

Spugsy Jul 28th 2010 6:26 pm

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8735349)
spugsy, carters is shite...please, i thought you had better taste than that...

MM, xx

nah I always liked it, just becuase its not 'the place to be' anymore - I've always had a good time in there.

Madam Medusa Jul 28th 2010 6:37 pm

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8735468)
nah I always liked it, just becuase its not 'the place to be' anymore - I've always had a good time in there.

i don't ever give a monkeys about being in a place to be, when i went there, it was seriously shite...anyway...agree to disagree, i guess...

MM, xx

Spugsy Jul 28th 2010 8:07 pm

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8735503)
i don't ever give a monkeys about being in a place to be, when i went there, it was seriously shite...anyway...agree to disagree, i guess...

MM, xx

when was it?

I haven't been for about a year to be honest, but used to go there a lot.

Was in the belgian beer cafe at barsha the other night, not bad but nowhere near as good as the one at DFC, apart from that been working in media city so been in the radisson there a lot and am being dragged to teh underground tomrorrow, even though I hate the shit-tip of a place.

My mate isover from teh Toon on the weekend, staying near the airport, was gonna take him for some food, was thinking the rivington grill at souk al bahar as never been, but always wanted to - think you mentioned it a while ago? well worth a trip?

Madam Medusa Jul 28th 2010 8:12 pm

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8735773)
when was it?

I haven't been for about a year to be honest, but used to go there a lot.

Was in the belgian beer cafe at barsha the other night, not bad but nowhere near as good as the one at DFC, apart from that been working in media city so been in the radisson there a lot and am being dragged to teh underground tomrorrow, even though I hate the shit-tip of a place.

My mate isover from teh Toon on the weekend, staying near the airport, was gonna take him for some food, was thinking the rivington grill at souk al bahar as never been, but always wanted to - think you mentioned it a while ago? well worth a trip?

it was probably about a year ago...

the belgian beer place in barsha is seriously bad...terrible serivce and food, it was so bad we got 25% off the bill cos the manager was so embarrassed...

yeah, rivington is fab...mango tree next door to it is also great if you fancied thai...

MM, xx

Lucky Luckhearst Jul 29th 2010 5:06 am

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8735349)
spugsy, carters is shite...please, i thought you had better taste than that...

MM, xx

No, he doesn't- His idea of a good time is baking pastries with his "mates"

Ethos83 Jul 29th 2010 5:47 am

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 
I've been to the one in TECOM a few times, never had problems. Only went for the beer.

It is smaller than Festival City but when the weather cools down the rooftop terrace should be awesome.

I hate having to go anywhere near the Creek side of Dubai, so wild horses ain't dragging me to Festival City unless for very good reasons.


Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8735787)
it was probably about a year ago...

the belgian beer place in barsha is seriously bad...terrible serivce and food, it was so bad we got 25% off the bill cos the manager was so embarrassed...

MM, xx


Spugsy Jul 30th 2010 11:38 am

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by Lucky Luckhearst (Post 8736580)
No, he doesn't- His idea of a good time is baking pastries with his "mates"

what you on about you cûnt?

co durham boy Jul 30th 2010 2:40 pm

Re: wheres lively on a Wednesday night
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8735773)
when was it?

I haven't been for about a year to be honest, but used to go there a lot.

Was in the belgian beer cafe at barsha the other night, not bad but nowhere near as good as the one at DFC, apart from that been working in media city so been in the radisson there a lot and am being dragged to teh underground tomrorrow, even though I hate the shit-tip of a place.

My mate isover from teh Toon on the weekend, staying near the airport, was gonna take him for some food, was thinking the rivington grill at souk al bahar as never been, but always wanted to - think you mentioned it a while ago? well worth a trip?

The Rivington Grill's a cracking restaurant , great menu , fairly well priced and a nice lively atmosphere.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:55 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.