Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where's good to go out in Abu Dhabi at the mo?

Where's good to go out in Abu Dhabi at the mo?

Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Shat Fink will become famous soon enough
Default Where's good to go out in Abu Dhabi at the mo?

Got some friends coming down tonight from Dubai, a fridge full of beer but wheres good to go out in Abu Dhabi that wont be a total sausage fest and might actually have some life about it?

Prefer the cheaper places as i'm broke and they are usually more fun than the overpriced pretentious stuff.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where's good to go out in Abu Dhabi at the mo?

Trap bar 2nd floor Al Dana hotel tourist club
Drink enough beer and they will give you a free pizza
beer reasonable price
Reasonable band after a few beers and ropey old whores

Tavern at Hilton on Corniche -
cheap beer & think it was cheapest in AD
No whores though rarely a few ropey old expat housewives/past it singles if you must

Have fun
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
beer reasonable price

No whores though rarely a few ropey old expat housewives/past it singles if you must

Have fun
Tavern is in the Sheraton.

Trap bar is my favourite. Band is loud, the place is awful but always busy.

I've never been given a pizza (bought them though and they are nice) but have been given a large fruit salad platter - I gave it away to the hookers. I figured they don't get enough fruit in their diet and so needed it more than me.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Surely better off heading up the lift further to 49ers? haha. Got a few women in tow so maybe something more woman friendly?

Cheers so far though, without women in tow i'd be there like a shot! Are they playing live music at the mo?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
beer reasonable price

Have fun
There is no tavern in the Hilton dear, its in the Sheraton, quite a few whores go in there to entertain the haven't seen my toes in years geezers
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

in fairness to the ladies of 49'ers if you are with your man they don't give you any trouble, in heroes they will still try and touch him up, there's nowhere in AD that doesn't have hookers you just have to get over it
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

The restaurant in 49ers is excellent value for money if you like steak. The meat is priced by weight, excellent quality and 2 people chop well for under AED 175
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I really find the pubs in ad poor. If your after decent grub, I really think chamas at the intercon is excellent, albeit not a cheap night out (in my tight arse scottish sense anyway), not a patch on a proper Brazilian Churrascaria but still very very good. Followed up with beers at the belgian cafe or the yacht club if you don't want to taxi around.

Or if it's just drinks and you don't mind a taxi ride, Y bar at the YAS rotana has a relaxed vibe, and the hand out free grub at happy hour (as well as 2 for 1 drinks), stills bar at the yas crown plaza refunds your taxi fair (up to 70 dhs) against your bill with the receipt. Not sure if all the YAS hotels do that or just the cp.

I'd tell them your coming down to dubai!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for the replies, managed to salvage an ok night out from the depths of despair. Emirates plaza was on the list for a true down and dirty experience but seems its closed at the mo.

Thought i'd warm them up with Trader Vics but it wasnt serving for the whole month. Walked over to captains which was its usual self then over to 49ers for some food and woman dodging! Wanted to show them that the UAE isnt all 5* hotel bars and people wearing pink shirts. Think they enjoyed it...
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

women dodging? I thought AD was big enough of a woman-dodge already?
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Dodging the women of 49ers that would be!