British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Where are you from? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/where-you-693752/)

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 1:30 pm

Where are you from?

When I am here Dubai is home, but when I refer to England home, it is South Shields, where are you from?

MissDemeanor Nov 16th 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Where are you from?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8985218)
When I am here Dubai is home, but when I refer to England home, it is South Shields, where are you from?

Ive had so many ive forgotten! Started off in saaaf London.Moved to Gloucestershire.Moved to Kent.Then north London.Back to Gloucester.South of France then moved to Swansea.Dubai,Suffolk!:eek:

Hello.Kitty Nov 16th 2010 1:38 pm

lol - the Sand Pit is sounding more and more like the Spanish Inquisition!

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 8985238)
lol - the Sand Pit is sounding more and more like the Spanish Inquisition!

lol just getting to know everyone a bit better :p

Hello.Kitty Nov 16th 2010 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8985242)
lol just getting to know everyone a bit better :p

hehe - I know! I'm always a bit torn about saying too much though... after all, everything that we post remains in the public domain... and should anyone be bored enough to piece everything together, I dare say they'd have a very good idea about my/our life.

MissDemeanor Nov 16th 2010 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 8985259)
hehe - I know! I'm always a bit torn about saying too much though... after all, everything that we post remains in the public domain... and should anyone be bored enough to piece everything together, I dare say they'd have a very good idea about my/our life.

Well good luck to them trying to find me!!:rofl:

Ethos83 Nov 16th 2010 1:50 pm

Born in Guildford, moved to New York (city), did a stint in Fulham, back to New York (Westchester county suburbs), back to UK for schooling, back to USA for university the same year the folks returned to the UK (rural Somerset), then Edinburgh, then London, then Washington, and now Dubai.

Where the hell am I from?

Even though I have no real friends there, "home" is where my parents live in Somerset. I have a stronger cultural affinity to that part of the world than any place else.

Hello.Kitty Nov 16th 2010 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 8985260)
Well good luck to them trying to find me!!:rofl:

hey, I met someone a few weeks back, and when she asked my username, she actually knew which building I lived in! I've never mentioned it specifically, but she deduced it through odds and ends I'd mentioned and a mutual friend.

MissDemeanor Nov 16th 2010 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 8985272)
hey, I met someone a few weeks back, and when she asked my username, she actually knew which building I lived in! I've never mentioned it specifically, but she deduced it through odds and ends I'd mentioned and a mutual friend.

That is a bit "fatal attraction"! I think that would have spooked me.

Ethos83 Nov 16th 2010 1:56 pm

Random guess.....Dreams Tower?

We know you're on the SZ side of the Marina and near Al Mayas and Timeplace Tower.

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 1:59 pm

I once had a famous run in with a wench on EW. I listed everything I knew about her, it totally freaked her out to see HER life on paper :thumbup:

MissDemeanor Nov 16th 2010 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 8985277)
Random guess.....Dreams Tower?

We know you're on the SZ side of the Marina and near Al Mayas and Timeplace Tower.

STALKER!:eek:

lionheart Nov 16th 2010 2:01 pm

Too many personal questions for my liking. They should be restricted to Facebook and such like.:frown:

Blue Cat Nov 16th 2010 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8985289)
Too many personal questions for my liking. They should be restricted to Facebook and such like.:frown:

pack in whingeing, no one knows who you are anyway :)

GuyinUAE Nov 16th 2010 2:02 pm

Born West London, Lived near Kingston most of the time then Purley.