Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where are y'all going for Ramadan?

Where are y'all going for Ramadan?

Old May 19th 2016, 9:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are y'all going for Ramadan?

I'll be here throughout Ramadan. I don't mind it - apart from some shocking driving - and I get a lot of work done as it's a little quieter than usual but many clients have more time and want to see me.

I'm off to Kenya on 1st July.
Old May 19th 2016, 3:47 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Well Im going cold turkey this Ramzan so I am not going anywhere
and 10am to 4pm sounds about right
Im just dreading the long nights tho
Old May 23rd 2016, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

This Ramadan, apart from doing the usual, I intend to memorize a few more pages of Quran. I do it for two reasons, first, religious and second is health. Some modern research is now suggesting that one way to help Preventing Alzheimer and Dementia diseases is by exercising the brain through memorizing poems, stories to recite, etc. The good news for Muslims is that this exercise already exists in Islamic rituals, which is memorizing verses of the Quran. so, yes, I am on it InshAllah.

Check this:
Preventing Alzheimer's and Dementia

“Memorization exercises can also help keep the brain active and functioning at a high level. This can be anything from memorizing a map to learning an acting monologue just for fun. No matter what it is, harkening back to your school days when you had to memorize poems and stories to recite is actually really good for you.”
Old May 23rd 2016, 6:32 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
This Ramadan, apart from doing the usual, I intend to memorize a few more pages of Quran. I do it for two reasons, first, religious and second is health. Some modern research is now suggesting that one way to help Preventing Alzheimer and Dementia diseases is by exercising the brain through memorizing poems, stories to recite, etc. The good news for Muslims is that this exercise already exists in Islamic rituals, which is memorizing verses of the Quran. so, yes, I am on it InshAllah.

Check this:
Preventing Alzheimer's and Dementia

“Memorization exercises can also help keep the brain active and functioning at a high level. This can be anything from memorizing a map to learning an acting monologue just for fun. No matter what it is, harkening back to your school days when you had to memorize poems and stories to recite is actually really good for you.”
info wars as a source, way to go with the credible sources.

this is actually a well researched area and almost certainly a good strategy but infowars, really?
Old May 23rd 2016, 8:37 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
info wars as a source, way to go with the credible sources.

this is actually a well researched area and almost certainly a good strategy but infowars, really?
uh oh! careful now mate, next thing you know you will diss tmz, internationalskepctics, abovetopsecret and the dail fail etc. He LIVES off of this stuff. Speed dial on favorites tab and all that! Has a cult following on a few of those forums
Old May 25th 2016, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

0700 – 1300 (6 hrs.)
Total per week is 36 hours

Applies to everyone regardless of religion here in KSA.
There was a big row last year about whether the muslim tea-boys should serve us infidels hot drinks during Ramadan. We didn't force the issue and the tea-boys were happy to serve us and we had a good whip-round for them for Eid.