Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where to watch Premier League Matches in Abu Dhabi

Where to watch Premier League Matches in Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:34 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to watch Premier League Matches in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I don't hate leeds and it's nothing to do with 73 Karlos, more the countless times being chased around your lovely city by absolute arseholes wanting to kill me for living 90 miles away, oh and you breaking legs and paying off referees in 1967
Couldn't agree more
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
There may be a problem! ...................... Ramadan!

Dont know if it will be open!

Can any one confirm when Ramadan is due to end? I have conflicting reports ranging from Thursday to Boxing Day!
Hadrat Umar (r.a.) said: "The Messenger of Allah (saws) has forbidden fasting on the two days of Eid (Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Adha). Concerning the Eid of breaking the fast, it is for you to break your fast [of Ramadan]; and on the Eid of sacrifice, you should eat from what you sacrifice."

Does that make it clear
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Bartacus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quackers
Apologies if this has been discussed before but I scrolled back a few pages and couldn't see anything.

I am fresh to AD and looking for the perfect spot to watch the new Premier League season (with beer in hand). I have been to the NRG cafe in Le Meridian which seems good but wondered if there were better venues.

Cheers
Mate, welcome to AD, I am mates also with Karlos the Jackal another Leeds Fan. I have recently set up a facebook page Abu Dhabi Whites, take a look and please feel free to add info on there. The leeds game is on TV on saturday and we are just trying to find out whether it will be on anywhere due to Ramadan, but heroes is usually the best place for football and there are loads of different screens showing each game on a saturday and there is good banter between all different fans. I have a feeling that we will win promotion this year so may well be on TV quite a bit. Lets hope so anyway, MOT
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Im glad youre confident Bart!

Anyway get back to the task in hand.......................finding a bar with the game on...........chop, chop!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bartacus
Mate, welcome to AD, I am mates also with Karlos the Jackal another Leeds Fan. I have recently set up a facebook page Abu Dhabi Whites, take a look and please feel free to add info on there. The leeds game is on TV on saturday and we are just trying to find out whether it will be on anywhere due to Ramadan, but heroes is usually the best place for football and there are loads of different screens showing each game on a saturday and there is good banter between all different fans. I have a feeling that we will win promotion this year so may well be on TV quite a bit. Lets hope so anyway, MOT
Cheers Bartacus and I will keep up with that site.

From what I can gather Saturday is the last day of Ramadam so Heros may not open until 7pm for food and drink. However there may be a chance of it opening earlier with a closed bar.

Please keep me updated if you hear anything
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

I will send Andy the Heroes Bar Manager a message on FB and ask the question!

Last edited by Karlos The Jackal; Aug 14th 2012 at 4:28 pm.