British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   where NOT to stay in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/where-not-stay-dubai-507402/)

canukabroad Jan 19th 2008 11:50 am

where NOT to stay in Dubai

...thought I'd warn anyone NEVER to stay in this place in Dubai.

Fusion B&B look up: fusionhotels.com

It pretends to be a boutique b&b but I'm warning you to stay away. They are crooks.

When two rooms flooded this week, I got home from the office on Thursday night LATE and found my room completely empty of my stuff - they decided some of their soon-to-arrive higher-paying guests should move into my delux room. And moved all my stuff into a smaller room!

When I freaked out at the owner on the phone, I was basically told 'tough shit' and offered the chance to move out and into a different hotel @ 11pm that night.

DON'T EVER let any of your friends/family stay at fusion. EVER.

Madam Medusa Jan 19th 2008 12:28 pm

Re: where NOT to stay in Dubai

ohh that's really bad...

MM, xx

axlenoyl Jan 19th 2008 1:50 pm

Thanks for the warning, my other half needs somewhere to stay just for 2/3 nights as he arrives on 14th and starts his job on 17th, any suggestions on something mid range

Confucius Jan 19th 2008 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by canukabroad (Post 5809771)

It pretends to be a boutique b&b but I'm warning you to stay away. They are crooks.

When two rooms flooded this week, I got home from the office on Thursday night LATE and found my room completely empty of my stuff - they decided some of their soon-to-arrive higher-paying guests should move into my delux room. And moved all my stuff into a smaller room!

When I freaked out at the owner on the phone, I was basically told 'tough shit' and offered the chance to move out and into a different hotel @ 11pm that night.

Lodge a complain with Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing...

Confucius Jan 19th 2008 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by axlenoyl (Post 5810187)
Thanks for the warning, my other half needs somewhere to stay just for 2/3 nights as he arrives on 14th and starts his job on 17th, any suggestions on something mid range

Fusion hotels are top notch...

axlenoyl Jan 19th 2008 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5810197)
Fusion hotels are top notch...

Sounds like it

littlejimmy Jan 19th 2008 2:07 pm

People moaning about Dubai? Well I never... :p

IndieG Jan 19th 2008 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by canukabroad (Post 5809771)

Complain to the DTCM......let me know if you want to............

PS: You're welcome :)

Edit: looks like confu beat me to it....yep do as he says

Confucius Jan 19th 2008 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 5810241)
People moaning about Dubai? Well I never... :p

As for you,you're not allowed to even discuss Dubai...You big fat sellout...

littlejimmy Jan 19th 2008 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5810272)

:lol:

Eva Jan 19th 2008 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5810272)

Oh get an Ark you two and make up.

The Dean Jan 19th 2008 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by axlenoyl (Post 5810187)

Can't he stay with you? Or isn't it "that sort of relationship"?

Ignore that last remark.

If I may just be everso slightly less f---ing nosy for a moment - the good old Golden Sands in downtown Bur Dubai is very basic, but has never let anyone down who needs a room for a very short time.

I have a soft spot for them partly because they don't ramp up their prices when there are special 'events' in town, unlike everywhere else.

axlenoyl Jan 19th 2008 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5810746)
Can't he stay with you? Or isn't it "that sort of relationship"?

[B]He is coming on 13th/14th Feb, I intend(ed) to follow him out in late March, but have a son age 13, (not my partners) in essence I would need to work in order to help pay extortionate school fees, I am a midwife and will not work for salaries indicated. AD salaries are better but his job is in Dubai.
My son and I will be coming out for couple of months at least once he finishes his SATS
B]

Ignore that last remark.

If I may just be everso slightly less f---ing nosy for a moment - the good old Golden Sands in downtown Bur Dubai is very basic, but has never let anyone down who needs a room for a very short time.

The noise will not worry him for a couple of nights if night life is good.

I have a soft spot for them partly because they don't ramp up their prices when there are special 'events' in town, unlike everywhere else.

Thanks will tell him when he gets in, he went to watch Newcastle game at 2 o clock, didn't realize football games lasted 7 or 8 hrs. lol

axlenoyl Jan 19th 2008 6:24 pm

By the way you died in Corrie last night, need to change your pic!

Eva Jan 19th 2008 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by axlenoyl (Post 5810925)
By the way you died in Corrie last night, need to change your pic!

Isn't that in the anagram?