Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where to look for shoes?

Where to look for shoes?

Old Jan 11th 2017, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Where to look for shoes?

Originally Posted by TheShed
Millhouse, mate. I have a visitor coming from UK at the weekend and they will bring original British Crumpets (not the American muffin crap).

Would you like a packet to go with Gardeners World on Sunday??
Is he allowed butter on a crumpet on a Sunday?

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I have a pair of Church's and a couple Cheaney's and Loakes
I really want some Crockett & Jones...or Churchs or Loakes.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
Millhouse, mate. I have a visitor coming from UK at the weekend and they will bring original British Crumpets (not the American muffin crap).

Would you like a packet to go with Gardeners World on Sunday??
I love crumpets.

Try them with butter... And mustard. It's amazing
Old Jan 12th 2017, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I love crumpets.

Try them with butter... And mustard. It's amazing
Try cheese and marmite on them
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Try cheese and marmite on them
Eurgh.

Cheese and mud would probably be more pleasant.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I love 'em with butter and marmite My naughty secret sin food.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:55 am
Account Closed

I love 'em with butter and marmite My naughty secret sin food.
Right. You're heading for an intervention along with Millhouse.

You two need to calm down.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

What do you like, Scamp? What do you eat when no one is looking?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Right. You're heading for an intervention along with Millhouse.

You two need to calm down.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 7:26 am
Account Closed

What do you like, Scamp? What do you eat when no one is looking?
Nothing different. I know it's a phrase but I don't hide what I eat....anyway, a 'guilty pleasure' or something I try not to eat too often is crisps.

Give me a 6 pack of crisps on the sofa and I'll give you 6 empty packets in about 15 minutes. I ****ing love them.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Scamp,

What's a good happy hour in the BB/Downtown/Sheikh Zayed area for tonight? Ideally runs till 8 PM. My mate can't get off work tonight till 7.

Nothing different. I know it's a phrase but I don't hide what I eat....anyway, a 'guilty pleasure' or something I try not to eat too often is crisps.

Give me a 6 pack of crisps on the sofa and I'll give you 6 empty packets in about 15 minutes. I ****ing love them.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Is he allowed butter on a crumpet on a Sunday?

I really want some Crockett & Jones...or Churchs or Loakes.

C&J all the way! I bought the Westbournes last year. The quality even in the main line are phenomenal. Despite researching I can't see there are any Dubai based retailers unless someone can correct me. They will deliver from the UK for £50 though (i'm not sure if they deduct VAT but I guess they should).

Also check out Carmina from Spain. Don't be put off by the fact they're spanish made. They're very highly regarded.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Scamp,

What's a good happy hour in the BB/Downtown/Sheikh Zayed area for tonight? Ideally runs till 8 PM. My mate can't get off work tonight till 7.
Not sure. Happy Hour to 8pm is unlikely. Eloquent Elephant does until 7pm I think.
Nezzas - not sure when theirs is.
Double Deckers? But their beer on tap is disgusting.
SZR area maybe - Longs? Fibbers? Stables? Not been to them in a while so don't know about HH.
Claw in Souk al Bahar might have one?

Sorry mate, best I can do.

Originally Posted by CeeBee
C&J all the way! I bought the Westbournes last year. The quality even in the main line are phenomenal. Despite researching I can't see there are any Dubai based retailers unless someone can correct me. They will deliver from the UK for £50 though (i'm not sure if they deduct VAT but I guess they should).

Also check out Carmina from Spain. Don't be put off by the fact they're spanish made. They're very highly regarded.
C&J in a few places are rated far higher than Church's etc.

I want the Drummonds or the Hallams. Westbournes look lovely too though.

Are they comfy from day one?
Do you need to go there for a proper fitting / measuring?
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you people are wearing tailored suits and shirts.

If not the shoes and watches are simply lipstick on a pig.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I assume you people are wearing tailored suits and shirts.

If not the shoes and watches are simply lipstick on a pig.
Suits but not shirts. I've had shirts made and they're shit. Nothing wrong with TM Lewin for shirt.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

C&J in a few places are rated far higher than Church's etc.

I want the Drummonds or the Hallams. Westbournes look lovely too though.

Are they comfy from day one?
Do you need to go there for a proper fitting / measuring?
Comfy straight out of the box with limited breaking in required. I actually got fitted for Churchs some time ago and followed their advice on fitting (i always thought i was a 9 but they said go 8.5 as I was narrower). I didn't actually get to try my shoe before buying as the shop had an 8 or a 9 so I went down the middle and they were perfect.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Comfy straight out of the box with limited breaking in required. I actually got fitted for Churchs some time ago and followed their advice on fitting (i always thought i was a 9 but they said go 8.5 as I was narrower). I didn't actually get to try my shoe before buying as the shop had an 8 or a 9 so I went down the middle and they were perfect.
God I'm jealous.

For the time being the C&J's go with the Rolex into the 'want' rather than 'should spend money on that right now instead of save it' category!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.