British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Where Have Garhoud Nurseries Gone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/where-have-garhoud-nurseries-gone-570388/)

matthew.lewis2 Oct 31st 2008 11:07 am

Where Have Garhoud Nurseries Gone?

For those green fingered folk who plant your own gardens, you may have known Garhoud Nurseries (just down from the Arabian Park Hotel).

I nipped down there this afternoon and it is gone, literally gone. Only a few shed still standing.

Can anyone enlighten me where I can get good value outdoor plants now? i.e Garhoud Nurseries = 10dhs for a small bouganvilla and ACE = 45dhs for pretty much the same thing :ohmy:

Shadya Oct 31st 2008 2:16 pm

Re: Where Have Garhoud Nurseries Gone?

That is weird because hubby drives past there everyday and says nothing has changed. There never were many sheds only open allotments.

banter64 Oct 31st 2008 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2 (Post 6927956)
For those green fingered folk who plant your own gardens, you may have known Garhoud Nurseries (just down from the Arabian Park Hotel).

I nipped down there this afternoon and it is gone, literally gone. Only a few shed still standing.

Can anyone enlighten me where I can get good value outdoor plants now? i.e Garhoud Nurseries = 10dhs for a small bouganvilla and ACE = 45dhs for pretty much the same thing :ohmy:

Well hello you please do not tell me that you are planting more flowers in the garden ?

PS remember to put them on the powerpoint :eek::eek:

matthew.lewis2 Oct 31st 2008 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 6928474)
That is weird because hubby drives past there everyday and says nothing has changed. There never were many sheds only open allotments.

Definately all gone!! It looks semi normal on the main strip from the Arabian park Hotel, but if you hang a left at the roundabout you will see there is nothing left.

matthew.lewis2 Oct 31st 2008 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by banter64 (Post 6928604)
Well hello you please do not tell me that you are planting more flowers in the garden ?

Im confused.....:confused:

Cry haddock Oct 31st 2008 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2 (Post 6928794)
Im confused.....:confused:

All the Jadaf nurseries have been moved to the new area - past dragon mart on the hatta road, right at the first big round about, in there on the left side smewhere. How long did we really think Jadaf would last???

matthew.lewis2 Nov 1st 2008 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cry haddock (Post 6929208)
All the Jadaf nurseries have been moved to the new area - past dragon mart on the hatta road, right at the first big round about, in there on the left side smewhere. How long did we really think Jadaf would last???

You superstar! 10mins from my villa.

I took a trip out there this afternoon and got what i needed. Directions as you say are (going towards Hatta) go past Dragon Mart, at the first r'bt turn right, then at the next r'bt turn left, and then another left at the r'bt after that (you will then see them on the right hand side).

Blue Cat Nov 1st 2008 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2 (Post 6930876)
You superstar! 10mins from my villa.

I took a trip out there this afternoon and got what i needed. Directions as you say are (going towards Hatta) go past Dragon Mart, at the first r'bt turn right, then at the next r'bt turn left, and then another left at the r'bt after that (you will then see them on the right hand side).

that is great news Percy :rofl:

matthew.lewis2 Nov 1st 2008 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by banter64 (Post 6928604)

It has come to light that the sender of the above message (whom until now was a spy in the camp) is somewhat of a superstar!

Not only have they won awards "The Matthew Lewis Taste Test" for services to 'red tea' and 'chai' but this person also has the ability to introduce a mystical grittyness to fruit salads.

I look forward to spending a night under the stars with you 'Banter' :wub:

(this should get the tongues wagging)!

Confucius Nov 1st 2008 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2 (Post 6931227)
It has come to light that the sender of the above message (whom until now was a spy in the camp) is somewhat of a superstar!

Not only have they won awards "The Matthew Lewis Taste Test" for services to 'red tea' and 'chai' but this person also has the ability to introduce a mystical grittyness to fruit salads.

I look forward to spending a night under the stars with you 'Banter' :wub:

(this should get the tongues wagging)!

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I have another thing wagging...And I don't have a tail...

matthew.lewis2 Nov 1st 2008 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6931241)
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I have another thing wagging...And I don't have a tail...

I hope it's your finger! Don't fret, this is a private joke and my wife will be brought fully up to speed by 'banter' in the very near future.

Confucius Nov 1st 2008 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2 (Post 6931249)
I hope it's your finger! Don't fret, this is a private joke and my wife will be brought fully up to speed by 'banter' in the very near future.

That's none of my business what the three of you do...You don't have to explain anything to me...

matthew.lewis2 Nov 1st 2008 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6930996)
that is great news Percy :rofl:

I met Percy Thrower once! I was a young child and my granddad took me to the open day of Percy's private garden.

matthew.lewis2 Nov 1st 2008 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6931252)
That's none of my business what the three of you do...You don't have to explain anything to me...

Does it make matters worse if I tell you 'Banters' OH is also involved :o

Confucius Nov 1st 2008 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2 (Post 6931258)
Does it make matters worse if I tell you 'Banters' OH is also involved :o

Not unless you want to read expletives in my next reply...