Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where to get a haircut in Dubai

Where to get a haircut in Dubai

Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to get a haircut in Dubai

Originally Posted by jvr20
fair enough but if you convert everything to pounds then everything* is cheap!

* exception of alcohol and rent.
shave it off! you know you want to!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
shave it off! you know you want to!
I used to have it short when I was younger, problem is I look like a criminal! And I don't mean a gangster or some cool crook, oh no, I look like a football hooligan with a funny shaped head and a bust nose from too many fights - not a great look!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:07 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby goes to hair at pyramids (as you can guess its at Pyramids at Wafi), mainly british stylists in there and is predominantly ladies salon but obviously they do do mens as well and there is a male stylist. Not sure of the price but guessing about £20ish they tend to "cut" a short style rather than just pull the clippers out. Victoria is the person that does his.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fairydust
My hubby goes to hair at pyramids (as you can guess its at Pyramids at Wafi), mainly british stylists in there and is predominantly ladies salon but obviously they do do mens as well and there is a male stylist. Not sure of the price but guessing about £20ish they tend to "cut" a short style rather than just pull the clippers out. Victoria is the person that does his.
Thanks, that sounds like what I'm after. Where's Wafi?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:10 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
lol...you must be new
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:11 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Tel no. is 3241490. Oud Metha where the new Raffles Hotel is
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

"Julian's" certainly does sound poncey! Any ideas on how much they charge? I don't think I could expense a hair cut so my Northern roots forbid me to pay anything over £20 for a hair cut (my Scottish roots say don't spend more than £3.50 but I've learned to ignore them!)
20 quid for a haircut??? You people have wayyy to much money to waste...
Originally Posted by jvr20
I wouldn't call it cheap. (20 quid that is)

Even by London standards. In Woking I used to pay 11.50 and thought it was a rip-off after paying 6.50 in Walsall.

Here I pay AED 35 but that includes a wash and dry and what's effectively a massage and a nice chat about geopolitics (the guy is Iraqi after all)
He should try Salon Nazih,they have in Dhiyafa, Muraqqabat/Rigga and Sharjah Buheira (next to Hardee's, this is especially for you JVR...Ask either for Ali or Hsein, and mention an Armenian Lebo recommended it to you...you'll curse my later...)And they take 50dhs a pop...Cheap...
No matter how many times you say it I still don't fancy a head massage from an Iraqi guy, even if it is only a fiver!

I think in Toni & Guy in Reading you pay 35 or thereabouts so perhaps 20 quid is a bit cheap.
35 or whereabouts...The sun already has started to damage your braincells,my boy...
Traitor!!!!! You said 10 quid was alright!!!!

Last edited by Confucius; Oct 21st 2007 at 4:07 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

What a bunch of poofters! Just go to any Indian barber in Karama and pay AED15 for a pefectly good haircut. Yes, they have those electric trimmers as well as scissors. Been using them for over 8 years in Jeddah and Dubai with no complaints yet...no sarcastic remarks from MH please.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:05 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
What a bunch of poofters! Just go to any Indian barber in Karama and pay AED15 for a pefectly good haircut. Yes, they have those electric trimmers as well as scissors. Been using them for over 8 years in Jeddah and Dubai with no complaints yet...no sarcastic remarks from MH please.
I don't know what you look like so what do I know...
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

You must look like a lamb...Or a mutton...Which meatshop did you say it was???

Last edited by Confucius; Oct 21st 2007 at 4:20 pm. Reason: Ora????
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Confucius
You must look like a lamb...Ora mutton...Which meatshop did you say it was???
I won't use the R-word because I am sure you don't mean it.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I won't use the R-word because I am sure you don't mean it.
Feel free to say it...
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MataHari
I don't know what you look like so what do I know...
I was standing two rows in front of you at the Pink concert...the tallish guy with the purple and yellow hair wearing white socks.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:37 pm
hmmmm...nice

I was standing two rows in front of you at the Pink concert...the tallish guy with the purple and yellow hair wearing white socks.
white socks eh...big no no
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MataHari
white socks eh...big no no
I have a good memory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.