British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Where to get a haircut in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/where-get-haircut-dubai-488636/)

MataHari Oct 21st 2007 1:48 pm

Re: Where to get a haircut in Dubai

Originally Posted by RitchieD (Post 5450084)
"Julian's" certainly does sound poncey! Any ideas on how much they charge? I don't think I could expense a hair cut so my Northern roots forbid me to pay anything over £20 for a hair cut (my Scottish roots say don't spend more than £3.50 but I've learned to ignore them!)

a cheap ponce...cool

Madam Medusa Oct 21st 2007 1:48 pm

"Julian's" certainly does sound poncey! Any ideas on how much they charge? I don't think I could expense a hair cut so my Northern roots forbid me to pay anything over £20 for a hair cut (my Scottish roots say don't spend more than £3.50 but I've learned to ignore them!)

well you were the one who said you didn't want a barber...make up your mind!!!

MM, xx

jvr20 Oct 21st 2007 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by RitchieD (Post 5450079)
Could probably manage that one myself!!

My girlfriend says she likes it long but then I go on-site and have to wear safety helmets so short is best..hmmm

I love the feel of running my fingers through it after taking the sweaty hard hat off

God, we're all ponces :blink:

Inselaffen Oct 21st 2007 1:50 pm

dont mention that word on here! a number of the regular female posters (who will remain unamed) spend a fortune at the haidressers covering up theirs.
They are real blondes. Really :rofl:

RitchieD Oct 21st 2007 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5450092)
a cheap ponce...cool

£20 isn;t cheap, is it?

I have a hairdresser (ex-girlfriend of a mate) who comes round my house and cuts my hair for a tenner back home so haven't been for a haircut in a shop in years!

I wonder if I could expense it....

Inselaffen Oct 21st 2007 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5450096)
I love the feel of running my fingers through it after taking the sweaty hard hat off

God, we're all ponces :blink:

you love the feelin of running your fingers through Ritchie's sweaty hair :eek::eek:

Madam Medusa Oct 21st 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5450102)
dont mention that word on here! a number of the regular female posters (who will remain unamed) spend a fortune at the haidressers covering up theirs.
They are real blondes. Really :rofl:

oii...you talking about moi...?? you've seen D, what more proof do i need of my natural blondeness, lol...

MM, xx

jvr20 Oct 21st 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by RitchieD (Post 5450104)
£20 isn;t cheap, is it?

I have a hairdresser (ex-girlfriend of a mate) who comes round my house and cuts my hair for a tenner back home so haven't been for a haircut in a shop in years!

I wouldn't call it cheap. (20 quid that is)

Even by London standards. In Woking I used to pay 11.50 and thought it was a rip-off after paying 6.50 in Walsall.

Here I pay AED 35 but that includes a wash and dry and what's effectively a massage and a nice chat about geopolitics (the guy is Iraqi after all)

RitchieD Oct 21st 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5450106)
you love the feelin of running your fingers through Ritchie's sweaty hair :eek::eek:

Sweaty and sticky with Fudge... nice

Madam Medusa Oct 21st 2007 1:53 pm

hahaha...i had to read jvr's comment twice cos i thought the same thing!!!

MM, xx

MataHari Oct 21st 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by RitchieD (Post 5450104)
£20 isn;t cheap, is it?

I really have no idea...I go for a cut about once a year and I am a do it yourself hairdye woman, so I am the cheapest one around I guess...

jvr20 Oct 21st 2007 1:54 pm

OK well done. I was in fact refering to my own luscious locks.

Inselaffen Oct 21st 2007 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5450112)
oii...you talking about moi...?? you've seen D, what more proof do i need of my natural blondeness, lol...

MM, xx

of course not! would I suggest such a thing :o

RitchieD Oct 21st 2007 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5450114)
I wouldn't call it cheap. (20 quid that is)

Even by London standards. In Woking I used to pay 11.50 and thought it was a rip-off after paying 6.50 in Walsall.

Here I pay AED 35 but that includes a wash and dry and what's effectively a massage and a nice chat about geopolitics (the guy is Iraqi after all)

No matter how many times you say it I still don't fancy a head massage from an Iraqi guy, even if it is only a fiver!

I think in Toni & Guy in Reading you pay 35 or thereabouts so perhaps 20 quid is a bit cheap.

jvr20 Oct 21st 2007 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by RitchieD (Post 5450126)
No matter how many times you say it I still don't fancy a head massage from an Iraqi guy, even if it is only a fiver!

I think in Toni & Guy in Reading you pay 35 or thereabouts so perhaps 20 quid is a bit cheap.

fair enough but if you convert everything to pounds then everything* is cheap!

* exception of alcohol and rent.