Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where to get a bargain banger.

Where to get a bargain banger.

Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:07 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to get a bargain banger.

Ok so here's the thing, I am wasting money on renting, but I don't want to buy anything in particular so was just after something cheap and fast.

In the UK now I could buy the following bangers with Tax and MOT for less than £500:

BMW's
Jag's
Cav/Veccy V6's
Mondeo V6's

And loads of other cars, I would be here all day listing, the point is, you can buy decent road worthy cheap cars in the UK and they are everywhere.

I want something like that here, £500's worth of car that I can rag shit out of and not worry about, but where can I get one?

Bison
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to get a bargain banger.

gulf news classifieds
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:13 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
Ok so here's the thing, I am wasting money on renting, but I don't want to buy anything in particular so was just after something cheap and fast.

In the UK now I could buy the following bangers with Tax and MOT for less than £500:

BMW's
Jag's
Cav/Veccy V6's
Mondeo V6's

And loads of other cars, I would be here all day listing, the point is, you can buy decent road worthy cheap cars in the UK and they are everywhere.

I want something like that here, £500's worth of car that I can rag shit out of and not worry about, but where can I get one?

Bison
Al Awir; for 3'500 AED you should pick up something.

Might need to pick it up!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

A bargain banger??

Well the Rattle Snake is a good place to start............
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:21 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

you'll have difficulty.
As of dec 1st you cannot register a car over 20yrs old in the UAE without getting classic registration and nobody knows how to do that.
as of jan 1st you cannot transfer ownership of any car older than 10yrs old
as of jan 1st 2010 you cannot register a car over 15yrs old
as of jan 1st the co2 limits are being drastically reduced as well

due to the above the market is currently all over the place. for a realistic figure for a car you can actually drive without major repairs and register your looking at at least 6000aed.

basically they want all older cars off the road and the large monopoly dealers to make even more money despite the fact it will **** every low income national in the country RAK and Fujeirah being especially hard hit.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:23 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

oh and souq is your best bet. al awir has very few real cheap cars....too many expats they can screw for thousands for that market to exist

http://motors.souq.com/index/1207/EN...sc/asc/?ubl=en
Old Nov 16th 2008, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison

BMW's
Jag's
Cav/Veccy V6's
Mondeo V6's

Bison
You will buy cheap cars, granted...But they will not last long and break down frequently...Be careful...