British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Where to eat? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/where-eat-576210/)

Dirk In Dubai Dec 1st 2008 2:54 pm

Where to eat?

Hi everybody! I'm in the marina area and looking for a good bite to eat, anyone have a suggestion? I'm near the Chili's in Marina Walk, and no, I don't count that as a restaurant!

Shadya Dec 1st 2008 2:57 pm

Re: Where to eat?

The Blue Restaurant on Marina Walk

Dirk In Dubai Dec 1st 2008 2:59 pm

Not a bad suggestion, I had that last trip here! way down on the other end of the walk tho... worth the trek if I had some company for dinner?

Madam Medusa Dec 1st 2008 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dirk In Dubai (Post 7026173)
Hi everybody! I'm in the marina area and looking for a good bite to eat, anyone have a suggestion? I'm near the Chili's in Marina Walk, and no, I don't count that as a restaurant!

you looking for casual or posh...licensed or not...walking distance or car/cab...?

MM, xx

Dirk In Dubai Dec 1st 2008 3:06 pm

Casual's best, but I do have clothes for posh, walking's best but if you want to join me I'll take a cab if required! Ideally I'd like something tasty, spicy's ok, Indian, Mediterranean, continental.. I'm pretty flexible on style if the quality's there! What do you have in mind, pray tell?

Madam Medusa Dec 1st 2008 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dirk In Dubai (Post 7026196)
Casual's best, but I do have clothes for posh, walking's best but if you want to join me I'll take a cab if required! Ideally I'd like something tasty, spicy's ok, Indian, Mediterranean, continental.. I'm pretty flexible on style if the quality's there! What do you have in mind, pray tell?

oh, i'm just about to get a takeaway from automatic, lol, and am nowhere near the marina...!

could try wagamama, it's always good...rupee room has a good rep for indian food, and the thai place is meant to be good, haven't been there though (you can't get a beer there, mind you)...

the royal mirage has some ok restaurants too, but guess that's a bit too far to walk, but too near to cab...

MM, xx

Dirk In Dubai Dec 1st 2008 3:17 pm

I don't mind the non-licensed, not a big drinker anyway. Well, sounds like walking the walk is in order, if all else fails, Shadya had a great suggestion with Blue! I'm dining on my own, unfortunately but Dubai being Dubai that might even be remedied by the time I find a dining spot! Thanks MM and Shadya!

Madam Medusa Dec 1st 2008 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dirk In Dubai (Post 7026227)
I don't mind the non-licensed, not a big drinker anyway. Well, sounds like walking the walk is in order, if all else fails, Shadya had a great suggestion with Blue! I'm dining on my own, unfortunately but Dubai being Dubai that might even be remedied by the time I find a dining spot! Thanks MM and Shadya!

well enjoy wherever you end up...and let's hope you pull a dining partner somewhere along the way...!

MM, xx

Dirk In Dubai Dec 1st 2008 4:35 pm

Royal Orchid, sadly alone! Maybe next time? I'm here until the 19th!

commander Dec 2nd 2008 1:32 am

Oh I think dirk diggler is after more than a dining partner...

Madam Medusa Dec 2nd 2008 3:03 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7027886)
Oh I think dirk diggler is after more than a dining partner...

you offering...?

MM, xx

Dirk In Dubai Dec 2nd 2008 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7028072)
you offering...?

MM, xx

I certainly am offering! Meals alone are quite dreary, even in the best of places so if you find yourself without a dining partner I'd love to have your company! And as for the Commander's remark I take adventure as life throws it my way ;)

commander Dec 2nd 2008 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Dirk In Dubai (Post 7028200)
I certainly am offering! Meals alone are quite dreary, even in the best of places so if you find yourself without a dining partner I'd love to have your company! And as for the Commander's remark I take adventure as life throws it my way ;)

So Dirk, when we going out?

commander Dec 2nd 2008 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Dirk In Dubai (Post 7028200)

on a serious note, i (not so much now) used to travel with work and dining out alone does get a bit lonely.

good luck on your grub buddy hunt!!

Dirk In Dubai Dec 2nd 2008 4:48 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7028207)
on a serious note, i (not so much now) used to travel with work and dining out alone does get a bit lonely.

good luck on your grub buddy hunt!!

That's true! On the upside though when dining alone you don't necessarily have to have as high standards (and MM, that's NOT a dig at your takeaway last night, really it isn't!) ;)