British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Where do these guys learn to drive!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/where-do-these-guys-learn-drive-636965/)

newbiecpl Oct 22nd 2009 6:14 am

Where do these guys learn to drive!!!!

I got cut off 5 times today during my usual 40 min, 9 km drive to work. I think I may trade down to the old dependable Land Rover Defender 110 Like MOD uses...then its open warfare on the way to work!! Its like they go to the arcades to get their licences.:frown:

Inselaffen Oct 22nd 2009 7:15 am

Re: Where do these guys learn to drive!!!!

they are taught by Indians/Pakistanis who bought their licences. what do you expect

lionheart Oct 22nd 2009 7:56 am

Originally Posted by newbiecpl (Post 8035677)
I got cut off 5 times today during my usual 40 min, 9 km drive to work. I think I may trade down to the old dependable Land Rover Defender 110 Like MOD uses...then its open warfare on the way to work!! Its like they go to the arcades to get their licences.:frown:

Welcome to the UAE...so what route do you take?

Inselaffen Oct 22nd 2009 8:46 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8035833)
Welcome to the UAE...so what route do you take?

obviously not Sharjah to Dubai - 9km would take a lot more than 40mins

coffindodger Oct 22nd 2009 9:21 am

Here in Riyadh it takes me a lot longer on the Easten & Northern Ring roads
it is hair raising at times.
Most afternoons from any time after 4.30 pm onwards past j10 - j 13 its in either 1-2nd gear rarely into third gear.
and the standards of driving as it's been said many time before,
Interesting !! ha ha.

Autonomy Oct 22nd 2009 9:27 am

It's pretty shocking I agree - but have you ever been to Beirut or Sana'a - it's so much worse.

andrewpops Oct 22nd 2009 9:41 am

Remember - indicating and leaving a gap for braking to the car in front is a sign of weakness...

soukie Oct 22nd 2009 9:56 am

:rofl:It will be more fun than usual in Abu Dhabi after the F1.

Inselaffen Oct 22nd 2009 10:38 am

would be fun if they made the F1 drivers race in Landcruisers with tinted windows

Blue Cat Oct 22nd 2009 10:58 am

I had the same today. Bloody women who are 5 foot nothing trying to drive Landcruisers.

commander Oct 22nd 2009 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8036147)
I had the same today. Bloody women who are 5 foot nothing trying to drive Landcruisers.

dressed like ninja's so they have a tunnel vision thing going on....rediculous...they should be stoned.

Blue Cat Oct 22nd 2009 11:28 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8036151)
dressed like ninja's so they have a tunnel vision thing going on....rediculous...they should be stoned.

my run in this morning was with a lady from India who nearly wiped out the front of my car, short arsed fck wit she was.

Euc- Oct 22nd 2009 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8036195)
my run in this morning was with a lady from India who nearly wiped out the front of my car, short arsed fck wit she was.

Wot to do yani :p

Blue Cat Oct 22nd 2009 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 8036223)
Wot to do yani :p

I am going to get a gun ...

Euc- Oct 22nd 2009 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8036327)
I am going to get a gun ...

Oe oe ! If shooting's involved count me in! :thumbup: