Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where can I hire an exotic car?

Where can I hire an exotic car?

Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:40 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where can I hire an exotic car?

A friend and I are seriously thinking of hiring some sort of ridiculous car like a Ferrari or a Lambourghini or something else along those lines so we can take it on the desert roads and do crazy things

Can anyone recommend any firms in Dubai?

Bison
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:55 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I hire an exotic car?

Originally Posted by Bison
Can you get a long term test? Mercedes here often lend potential buyers (who they believe are serious) cars for a couple of days so if you could find one with a "Black" or even just a normal AMG demo car...

http://www.dreamcarsrental.com/l_car...ype=0&typeid=0
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:05 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Can you get a long term test? Mercedes here often lend potential buyers (who they believe are serious) cars for a couple of days so if you could find one with a "Black" or even just a normal AMG demo car...

http://www.dreamcarsrental.com/l_car...ype=0&typeid=0
oh aye sure, so when some big massive bouncer looking skinhead with an essex accent, with a bomber jacket with 'free the Dubai 1' t-shirt on turns up you'll give him a top of the range merc no bother eh?

Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:37 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Where can I hire an exotic car?

Fair point, hiring it is then .
Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:10 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

oh aye sure, so when some big massive bouncer looking skinhead with an essex accent, with a bomber jacket with 'free the Dubai 1' t-shirt on turns up you'll give him a top of the range merc no bother eh?
I'm not from Essex, I wear knickers you know, I mean Kickers
Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:14 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend and I are seriously thinking of hiring some sort of ridiculous car like a Ferrari or a Lambourghini or something else along those lines so we can take it on the desert roads and do crazy things

Bison
What a completely stupid thing to do. The more I read from you, the more I am sure you will end up in jail and/or deported before the year end. You are clearly in the wrong country if you wanna get pissed and take the micky out of the authorities all the time. They will get you in the end
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:38 pm
100% British Beef

if you wanna get pissed and take the micky out of the authorities all the time
I think you have me all wrong mate, I am a responsible person who can handle my drink and respects the laws of this country. Ok so I like to have a few sessions now and then as do most people, but you certainly wouldn't find me drunk and disorderly or being indecent on public beaches.

As for the drving side of things, I am a safe driver and a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists. I am not stupid even though it might come across that way.

However, thank you for your concern, it has been noted

B
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you have me all wrong mate, I am a responsible person who can handle my drink and respects the laws of this country. Ok so I like to have a few sessions now and then as do most people, but you certainly wouldn't find me drunk and disorderly or being indecent on public beaches.

As for the drving side of things, I am a safe driver and a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists. I am not stupid even though it might come across that way.

However, thank you for your concern, it has been noted

B
Point taken, but what about wanting to "go and get smashed" in your "Getting Messy at Waxys" thread? Just bear in mind that the Police monitor expat forums on a regular basis. .

Last edited by lionheart; Aug 14th 2008 at 1:00 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:34 pm
100% British Beef

"go and get smashed"
It was just a figure of speech, slang if you wish and not meant to be taken literally. However I can see how if it is taken literally by the likes of you, then it could easily be perceived the wrong way by the authorities.

Again, I thank you for pointing this out to me and will be more careful how I phrase things in the future

B
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Point taken, but what about wanting to "go and get smashed" in your "Getting Messy at Waxys" thread? Just bear in mind that the Police monitor expat forums on a regular basis. .
to be fair most of Waxy's customers get "Messy" most thursday nights and there doesnt seem to be much of a problem with the plod there!
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
What a completely stupid thing to do. The more I read from you, the more I am sure you will end up in jail and/or deported before the year end. You are clearly in the wrong country if you wanna get pissed and take the micky out of the authorities all the time. They will get you in the end
I am really really resisting the urge to invite you out to coffee...
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
to be fair most of Waxy's customers get "Messy" most thursday nights and there doesnt seem to be much of a problem with the plod there!
LH is being dramatiic...
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just dont get an Audi RS6 ..they fall apart ...
Attached Thumbnails Where can I hire an exotic car?-audi_rs36_crash_2.jpg  
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

HOLY SH*T! That RS6 must have been nipping on a bit to end up like that! Awesome cars and solidly build, so it would need a fair impact to do that much damage.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies
HOLY SH*T! That RS6 must have been nipping on a bit to end up like that! Awesome cars and solidly build, so it would need a fair impact to do that much damage.
Hit a large hedgehog ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.