Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where can i get my car serviced???

Where can i get my car serviced???

Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can i get my car serviced???

Originally Posted by Tiger989
I would recommend following the service manual from the car handout or on the internet. As for oil service you can do it in any where such as ADNOC if in Abu Dhabi or in Dubai Enoc.
As to spike the fluids, you can do it your self again if you have basic knowledge, or study it over the net, and pay some one to do it for ya. There is many options. A week ago I've serviced my friends Hyundai my self, with spiking the fluids, and refilling, and flushing the engine, and checking on the brakes, the drum, and other critical parts, it didn't cost us more than 400dh. So the agency is ripping you off by approx 200dh.
Mind you that was a major service I based the calculations on. A normal servide with the checks done by your self would range 200~300AED.

Msg me if you need more details. But provide the make and the year of the car. I can guide you roughly
How much do you charge to fix a Auto clutch???
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Eh!!!!! I pay seldom more than 400 for a socking great 4x4 Lexus LX 470 at Al Futtaim - and get a waiter bring me endless lattes while i wait!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:45 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Confucius
How much do you charge to fix a Auto clutch???
I don't charge I do these things as a hobby. If you live in Abu Dhabi give me a shout and I can assist you.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

It's interesting how the dealers vary here - VW seem a tad expensive too.

When the man at Lexus told me it was timing belt change time I started feeling physicallly ill - he then mentioned as they had to strip down the front of the car, radiator, cooling, AC etc all out, they normally changed the water pump as well to save time on the soon to be inevitable - add it to the full oils and brake fluids etc service due as well...... came to 8.5 hours of labour - total cost 2200 aed - a steal I reckon.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:44 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by B Bear
It's interesting how the dealers vary here - VW seem a tad expensive too.

When the man at Lexus told me it was timing belt change time I started feeling physicallly ill - he then mentioned as they had to strip down the front of the car, radiator, cooling, AC etc all out, they normally changed the water pump as well to save time on the soon to be inevitable - add it to the full oils and brake fluids etc service due as well...... came to 8.5 hours of labour - total cost 2200 aed - a steal I reckon.
Some things the dealership offers a better deal for your money and for some things like a general service its better to be done by your self. The dealerships here for a general service charge 600~1000AED and can be up to 1200AED in some dealerships. While it can easily be done by your self at Adnoc or Enoc for about 200AED max.
Now for major services. It gets a tad complicated. It can be done by your self but it will take a lot of your time and effort. And a lot of readings about your car. Usually cheaper to be done at the dealership.
So I would recommend for general services or even some semi major services to be done by your self and keep the major ones to the dealership. That way you can save alot of money.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiger989
I don't charge I do these things as a hobby. If you live in Abu Dhabi give me a shout and I can assist you.
I want you to come to Sharjah...
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:09 pm