Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where can i get my car serviced???

Where can i get my car serviced???

Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

sophia6396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where can i get my car serviced???

Hi,

its a 6 month old Hyundai, and they are asking aed 600 for every 10,000 miles, which i think is a rip off! they are trying to bind me with the fact that the warranty can be defective if i dont have it done at the dealership. I mean as a female i dont know too much about cars but surely the engine isnt going to blow up and if it did it would cost me alot less to have it done at a private garage...?

my question is where can i take it for a service and what does a normal service usually include out here?

any advice appreciated
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:05 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can i get my car serviced???

Originally Posted by sophia6396
Hi,

its a 6 month old Hyundai, and they are asking aed 600 for every 10,000 miles, which i think is a rip off! they are trying to bind me with the fact that the warranty can be defective if i dont have it done at the dealership. I mean as a female i dont know too much about cars but surely the engine isnt going to blow up and if it did it would cost me alot less to have it done at a private garage...?

my question is where can i take it for a service and what does a normal service usually include out here?

any advice appreciated
Sophia, they are totally correct, if you do not maintain the service schedule with an authorised service centre, the warranty can be void. It's not just the engine that's at risk. I have to say i don't think 600 AED is expensive for a 10'000km service. At least the techs doing the job know the product, back street service centres do not have access to all the latest diagnostics nor do they know about any service actions that need to be done.

Take to hyundai and get it done properly.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Sophia, they are totally correct, if you do not maintain the service schedule with an authorised service centre, the warranty can be void. It's not just the engine that's at risk. I have to say i don't think 600 AED is expensive for a 10'000km service. At least the techs doing the job know the product, back street service centres do not have access to all the latest diagnostics nor do they know about any service actions that need to be done.

i think 600 dhs is a complete bloody bargain...

MM, xx
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
me too, but I got three years free servicing with the wanker
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

MM, xx
Our last service cost the company Dhs1,250...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

any advice appreciated
For a Hyundai, AED600 for every 10,000kms is a bit steep; I pay 350 for my 15K service and 900 for my 30K service at VW...

Anyway, if you do it at a private garage you may as well kiss the warranty goodbye; and warranty is not about the engine or the gearbox only; it covers the AC and its parts, drivetrain, paintwork, brake system, interiors, etc...
I would advise that you service in the agency until warranty expires, and then feel free to take it to any garage you like...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking

Exactly...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MM, xx
For a BMW or a high-end Euro brand, it is, for a Hyundai or any Jap/Korean car, it's a bloody rip-off...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shadya
Our last service cost the company Dhs1,250...
Depends on the car and mileage, and yours absolutely is not in invoice for servicing alone, I'm sure that amount includes parts and additional labour, or is a major service...
So I can imagine if Hyundai is charging 600 for a 10K service, I'm sure they'll charge 2-3,000 for a major service that will include changing all oils, filters, sparkplugs, ignition coils, all belts, and timing belt, etc...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

thanks everyone you have convinced me to go and get it done with them.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks everyone you have convinced me to go and get it done with them.
It's for your own good...
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:05 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

any advice appreciated
I drove a Hyundai in this country for 7 years and it was one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned...wasn't very sexy but more than got the job done.

Hyundai's are very cheap to maintain and you be insane not to take it to the dealership - firstly the dealership knows more about their cars than anyone else and second you'll never need to worry about fake parts.

AED600 is nothing for car maintenance. Even after 5 years and a lot of milage I never paid more than 2-3k for my Hyundai for major servicing - and they often gave me decent discounts because I took the time to get to know the staff there...

I would never take a car to a private garage in this country unless it was for an oil change - I don't trust them to give me genuine parts.

N.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:50 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

any advice appreciated
I bought a new Tucson and took out a 60k service package, they actually service the bloody car every 5000k which seems crazy to me but overall the 60k package was half the cost of doing individual servicing, plus keeps the warranty in tact just in case, am 40000 into the warranty now and never had a complaint about Hyundai dealership, but 600dhs for 10000 service does not seem over the top for a dealership garage
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:06 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

any advice appreciated
I would recommend following the service manual from the car handout or on the internet. As for oil service you can do it in any where such as ADNOC if in Abu Dhabi or in Dubai Enoc.
As to spike the fluids, you can do it your self again if you have basic knowledge, or study it over the net, and pay some one to do it for ya. There is many options. A week ago I've serviced my friends Hyundai my self, with spiking the fluids, and refilling, and flushing the engine, and checking on the brakes, the drum, and other critical parts, it didn't cost us more than 400dh. So the agency is ripping you off by approx 200dh.
Mind you that was a major service I based the calculations on. A normal servide with the checks done by your self would range 200~300AED.

Msg me if you need more details. But provide the make and the year of the car. I can guide you roughly
Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiger989
I would recommend following the service manual from the car handout or on the internet. As for oil service you can do it in any where such as ADNOC if in Abu Dhabi or in Dubai Enoc.
As to spike the fluids, you can do it your self again if you have basic knowledge, or study it over the net, and pay some one to do it for ya. There is many options. A week ago I've serviced my friends Hyundai my self, with spiking the fluids, and refilling, and flushing the engine, and checking on the brakes, the drum, and other critical parts, it didn't cost us more than 400dh. So the agency is ripping you off by approx 200dh.
Mind you that was a major service I based the calculations on. A normal servide with the checks done by your self would range 200~300AED.

Msg me if you need more details. But provide the make and the year of the car. I can guide you roughly

Thanks Tiger, I have finally booked with Hyundai!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.