British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   where can I get... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/where-can-i-get-560427/)

MissDemeanor Sep 9th 2008 6:12 am

where can I get...

those really stupid CD's that play the sound of the sea,or waterfalls or other crap that is meant to relax you and send you to sleep?

My insomnia has gone really really bad over the last 3 weeks so im open to trying anything before i get so hooked on the sleeping pills there will be no coming back.....anyone?..HELP ME!

Inselaffen Sep 9th 2008 6:14 am

Re: where can I get...

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6764098)
those really stupid CD's that play the sound of the sea,or waterfalls or other crap that is meant to relax you and send you to sleep?

My insomnia has gone really really bad over the last 3 weeks so im open to trying anything before i get so hooked on the sleeping pills there will be no coming back.....anyone?..HELP ME!

just record your own voice and play it back to yourself. listening to you always makes me fall asleep :p

MissDemeanor Sep 9th 2008 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6764101)
just record your own voice and play it back to yourself. listening to you always makes me fall asleep :p

Oh,arent we the funny one...
Im a woman on the edge,and you are not helping.:sneaky:

Spugsy Sep 9th 2008 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6764101)

heh, HEH

Spugsy Sep 9th 2008 6:22 am

I've got stacks of chillout stuff if you need? nice relaxing sort of thing.

MataHari Sep 9th 2008 6:23 am

no idea but I know that some people use them for getting babies to sleep so maybe in a babystuff type shop...not that I would know where those are...not mothercare but more 'upmarket'...

MissDemeanor Sep 9th 2008 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6764116)
I've got stacks of chillout stuff if you need? nice relaxing sort of thing.

ive got stuff like that...but it will keep me awake.seriously.
it needs to be anything except music...otherwise i lie there singing it over and over in my head.:eek:

MissDemeanor Sep 9th 2008 6:25 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6764117)
no idea but I know that some people use them for getting babies to sleep so maybe in a babystuff type shop...not that I would know where those are...not mothercare but more 'upmarket'...

Ah,thats a thought.

MataHari Sep 9th 2008 6:26 am

some spa's use them as well...god I hate those sounds...windchimes and stuff, would do my head in...just think about sex...have you tried that...

The Dean Sep 9th 2008 6:27 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6764119)
Ah,thats a thought.

Why not find a man who can shag you until you're comatose?

Inselaffen Sep 9th 2008 6:27 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6764110)
Oh,arent we the funny one...
Im a woman on the edge,and you are not helping.:sneaky:

just tring to give you a shove!

try Virgin, they must sell that sort of stuff.

MissDemeanor Sep 9th 2008 6:29 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6764121)
some spa's use them as well...god I hate those sounds...windchimes and stuff, would do my head in...just think about sex...have you tried that...

yes,ive tried that......if the insomnia wasnt too bad it would probably have worked.

MissDemeanor Sep 9th 2008 6:57 am

Ive just found feelkarma.com
They have got alsorts of weird stuff....even the sound of frogs singing.
I will give it a go.
Now all I have to do is get SF to buy me a stereo for the bedroom.:D

Spugsy Sep 9th 2008 7:14 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6764163)
Ive just found feelkarma.com
They have got alsorts of weird stuff....even the sound of frogs singing.
I will give it a go.
Now all I have to do is get SF to buy me a stereo for the bedroom.:D

to keep him away??

Have you not got an ipod?

In fact do a search there's pillows you can buy that have a small built in speaker, that would do you.

MissDemeanor Sep 9th 2008 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6764197)
to keep him away??

Have you not got an ipod?

In fact do a search there's pillows you can buy that have a small built in speaker, that would do you.

there is no way i would be able to sleep with little things stuck in my ears...no,a new stereo sounds perfect!