Where can I find...

Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:51 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where can I find...

A portable garage?

I don't keep my bike in the house, unlike many other riders. The recent weather is driving me spare as I only have a car port and, as the wind blows from all directions, my bike gets covered in shitty, sandy rain.

I need to either enclose my car port; any ideas?...or have a temporary garage in the car port.

3rd time this weekend I've had to wash the bike, that's no fun!:curse:
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
A portable garage?

I don't keep my bike in the house, unlike many other riders. The recent weather is driving me spare as I only have a car port and, as the wind blows from all directions, my bike gets covered in shitty, sandy rain.

I need to either enclose my car port; any ideas?...or have a temporary garage in the car port.

3rd time this weekend I've had to wash the bike, that's no fun!:curse:
Carrefour have a range of garden sheds big enough for a motor bike. Should fit in your carport.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:41 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67 View Post
Carrefour have a range of garden sheds big enough for a motor bike. Should fit in your carport.
Hi Kim, thanks, yeah seen those. Bloody expensive to get a decent sized one though. Prefer to spend that sort of money on chrome...
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

just put a car cover over the bike and tie it round?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:49 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon View Post
just put a car cover over the bike and tie it round?
That's basically what I was going to say...I think you can actually buy motorbike covers...seems the cheapest way to go !
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:23 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by MacScot View Post
That's basically what I was going to say...I think you can actually buy motorbike covers...seems the cheapest way to go !
Admon/Macscot, Yep, got one of those. They scratch the paint work and, as it's a custom paint job, I'd rather they didn't. To be fair, the bike cover is Ok for longer term use, but it's a pain to take it off and on everytime I wanna ride specially if the pipes are hot.

Nope! I neeeeeeed to panel out the car port or find a larger portable structure that I can ride straight into. They have them in other parts of the world, I just don't wanna have to pay shipping costs that are more than the cost of the unit in the first place.

Anyone good at joinery?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Admon/Macscot, Yep, got one of those. They scratch the paint work and, as it's a custom paint job, I'd rather they didn't. To be fair, the bike cover is Ok for longer term use, but it's a pain to take it off and on everytime I wanna ride specially if the pipes are hot.

Nope! I neeeeeeed to panel out the car port or find a larger portable structure that I can ride straight into. They have them in other parts of the world, I just don't wanna have to pay shipping costs that are more than the cost of the unit in the first place.

Anyone good at joinery?
Buy a tent, they are cheap enough. Or rig up some barasti, mind you that won't stop the dust.

Otherwise employ a cub scout to clean it weekly for you - they do have cubs in Dubai y'know.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:45 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream View Post
Buy a tent, they are cheap enough. Or rig up some barasti, mind you that won't stop the dust.

Otherwise employ a cub scout to clean it weekly for you - they do have cubs in Dubai y'know.
would you have your gardner use hedge trimmers to shave yer legs? Or even a Cub?

Eeermh, if that's a yes; ignore the question.

Buy a tent???
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:11 pm
If I have to explain...

would you have your gardner use hedge trimmers to shave yer legs? Or even a Cub?

Eeermh, if that's a yes; ignore the question.

Buy a tent???
C'mon people. Someone out there must know someone or something. In the UK and the US you can buy these types of shelters for $300, that's a price I'm happy to pay...
Attached Thumbnails Where can I find...-mdm_portable_garages_one_car_house_12_20_8.jpg   Where can I find...-65441e.jpg  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon people. Someone out there must know someone or something. In the UK and the US you can buy these types of shelters for $300, that's a price I'm happy to pay...
You may need a doctor's prescription for that...
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, buy a tent you can get one from the Hypermarket on Najda Street, Abu Dhabi.

Or how about a large cloche, although they might get a bit humid, so you could grow some veg at the same time.

BTW, I don't shave my legs for god's sake look at my avatar, can you seen stubble?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:27 pm
If I have to explain...

Like I said, buy a tent you can get one from the Hypermarket on Najda Street, Abu Dhabi.

Or how about a large cloche, although they might get a bit humid, so you could grow some veg at the same time.

BTW, I don't shave my legs for god's sake look at my avatar, can you seen stubble?
Aaah, sorry, naturally smooth.

I'm in Dubai, do they have tents big enough?

A cloche sound like a good idea with a vent at the top. Wouldn't know where to start buying the stuff though...I know, I'm slow...

but worth it!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aaah, sorry, naturally smooth.

I'm in Dubai, do they have tents big enough?

A cloche sound like a good idea with a vent at the top. Wouldn't know where to start buying the stuff though...I know, I'm slow...

but worth it!
I have no idea why I am responding to you, really - you are in Dubai????
Couldn't you get the number of the Hypermarket and ring them and find out if they have tents big enough?
Cloches - I was joking.

Worth it - well let's see, in the virtual realm of reality, perhaps you are!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:34 pm
If I have to explain...

I have no idea why I am responding to you, really - you are in Dubai????
Couldn't you get the number of the Hypermarket and ring them and find out if they have tents big enough?
Cloches - I was joking.

Worth it - well let's see, in the virtual realm of reality, perhaps you are!
Thank you....I think.
Cause I'm nice, really. Honest.
No, don't have the number but if I did they would probably be closed, but good idea except that involves actual speaking. hmmmm.
Cloches, OK
Yes, I am.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kim, thanks, yeah seen those. Bloody expensive to get a decent sized one though. Prefer to spend that sort of money on chrome...
try Dubizzle

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.