Where can I find...

Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:51 pm
  #1  
If I have to explain...
Thread Starter
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where can I find...

A portable garage?

I don't keep my bike in the house, unlike many other riders. The recent weather is driving me spare as I only have a car port and, as the wind blows from all directions, my bike gets covered in shitty, sandy rain.

I need to either enclose my car port; any ideas?...or have a temporary garage in the car port.

3rd time this weekend I've had to wash the bike, that's no fun!:curse:
Roadking is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:01 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Kim67's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 5,400
Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
A portable garage?

I don't keep my bike in the house, unlike many other riders. The recent weather is driving me spare as I only have a car port and, as the wind blows from all directions, my bike gets covered in shitty, sandy rain.

I need to either enclose my car port; any ideas?...or have a temporary garage in the car port.

3rd time this weekend I've had to wash the bike, that's no fun!:curse:
Carrefour have a range of garden sheds big enough for a motor bike. Should fit in your carport.
Kim67 is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:41 pm
  #3  
If I have to explain...
Thread Starter
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Kim67 View Post
Carrefour have a range of garden sheds big enough for a motor bike. Should fit in your carport.
Hi Kim, thanks, yeah seen those. Bloody expensive to get a decent sized one though. Prefer to spend that sort of money on chrome...
Roadking is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:43 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,287
admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

just put a car cover over the bike and tie it round?
admon is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:49 pm
  #5  
A bubbly-jock...
 
MacScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Teneriffe
Posts: 6,262
MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by admon View Post
just put a car cover over the bike and tie it round?
That's basically what I was going to say...I think you can actually buy motorbike covers...seems the cheapest way to go !
MacScot is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:23 pm
  #6  
If I have to explain...
Thread Starter
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by MacScot View Post
That's basically what I was going to say...I think you can actually buy motorbike covers...seems the cheapest way to go !
Admon/Macscot, Yep, got one of those. They scratch the paint work and, as it's a custom paint job, I'd rather they didn't. To be fair, the bike cover is Ok for longer term use, but it's a pain to take it off and on everytime I wanna ride specially if the pipes are hot.

Nope! I neeeeeeed to panel out the car port or find a larger portable structure that I can ride straight into. They have them in other parts of the world, I just don't wanna have to pay shipping costs that are more than the cost of the unit in the first place.

Anyone good at joinery?
Roadking is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:35 pm
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
Squirty Cream's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Living in a mirage
Posts: 606
Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Admon/Macscot, Yep, got one of those. They scratch the paint work and, as it's a custom paint job, I'd rather they didn't. To be fair, the bike cover is Ok for longer term use, but it's a pain to take it off and on everytime I wanna ride specially if the pipes are hot.

Nope! I neeeeeeed to panel out the car port or find a larger portable structure that I can ride straight into. They have them in other parts of the world, I just don't wanna have to pay shipping costs that are more than the cost of the unit in the first place.

Anyone good at joinery?
Buy a tent, they are cheap enough. Or rig up some barasti, mind you that won't stop the dust.

Otherwise employ a cub scout to clean it weekly for you - they do have cubs in Dubai y'know.
Squirty Cream is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:45 pm
  #8  
If I have to explain...
Thread Starter
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream View Post
Buy a tent, they are cheap enough. Or rig up some barasti, mind you that won't stop the dust.

Otherwise employ a cub scout to clean it weekly for you - they do have cubs in Dubai y'know.
would you have your gardner use hedge trimmers to shave yer legs? Or even a Cub?

Eeermh, if that's a yes; ignore the question.

Buy a tent???
Roadking is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:11 pm
  #9  
If I have to explain...
Thread Starter
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
would you have your gardner use hedge trimmers to shave yer legs? Or even a Cub?

Eeermh, if that's a yes; ignore the question.

Buy a tent???
C'mon people. Someone out there must know someone or something. In the UK and the US you can buy these types of shelters for $300, that's a price I'm happy to pay...
Attached Thumbnails Where can I find...-mdm_portable_garages_one_car_house_12_20_8.jpg   Where can I find...-65441e.jpg  
Roadking is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:12 pm
  #10  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,434
Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
C'mon people. Someone out there must know someone or something. In the UK and the US you can buy these types of shelters for $300, that's a price I'm happy to pay...
You may need a doctor's prescription for that...
Confucius is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:18 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
 
Squirty Cream's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Living in a mirage
Posts: 606
Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
C'mon people. Someone out there must know someone or something. In the UK and the US you can buy these types of shelters for $300, that's a price I'm happy to pay...

Like I said, buy a tent you can get one from the Hypermarket on Najda Street, Abu Dhabi.

Or how about a large cloche, although they might get a bit humid, so you could grow some veg at the same time.

BTW, I don't shave my legs for god's sake look at my avatar, can you seen stubble?
Squirty Cream is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:27 pm
  #12  
If I have to explain...
Thread Starter
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream View Post
Like I said, buy a tent you can get one from the Hypermarket on Najda Street, Abu Dhabi.

Or how about a large cloche, although they might get a bit humid, so you could grow some veg at the same time.

BTW, I don't shave my legs for god's sake look at my avatar, can you seen stubble?
Aaah, sorry, naturally smooth.

I'm in Dubai, do they have tents big enough?

A cloche sound like a good idea with a vent at the top. Wouldn't know where to start buying the stuff though...I know, I'm slow...


but worth it!
Roadking is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:10 pm
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
 
Squirty Cream's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Living in a mirage
Posts: 606
Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Aaah, sorry, naturally smooth.

I'm in Dubai, do they have tents big enough?

A cloche sound like a good idea with a vent at the top. Wouldn't know where to start buying the stuff though...I know, I'm slow...


but worth it!
I have no idea why I am responding to you, really - you are in Dubai????
Couldn't you get the number of the Hypermarket and ring them and find out if they have tents big enough?
Cloches - I was joking.

Worth it - well let's see, in the virtual realm of reality, perhaps you are!
Squirty Cream is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:34 pm
  #14  
If I have to explain...
Thread Starter
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream View Post
I have no idea why I am responding to you, really - you are in Dubai????
Couldn't you get the number of the Hypermarket and ring them and find out if they have tents big enough?
Cloches - I was joking.

Worth it - well let's see, in the virtual realm of reality, perhaps you are!
Thank you....I think.
Cause I'm nice, really. Honest.
No, don't have the number but if I did they would probably be closed, but good idea except that involves actual speaking. hmmmm.
Cloches, OK
Yes, I am.
Roadking is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:40 am
  #15  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Hi Kim, thanks, yeah seen those. Bloody expensive to get a decent sized one though. Prefer to spend that sort of money on chrome...
try Dubizzle
Blue Cat is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.