British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Where can I find... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/where-can-i-find-600400/)

Roadking Mar 28th 2009 12:51 pm

Where can I find...

A portable garage? :confused:

I don't keep my bike in the house, unlike many other riders. The recent weather is driving me spare as I only have a car port and, as the wind blows from all directions, my bike gets covered in shitty, sandy rain.

I need to either enclose my car port; any ideas?...or have a temporary garage in the car port.

3rd time this weekend I've had to wash the bike, that's no fun!:curse:

Kim67 Mar 28th 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Where can I find...

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7428570)
A portable garage? :confused:

I don't keep my bike in the house, unlike many other riders. The recent weather is driving me spare as I only have a car port and, as the wind blows from all directions, my bike gets covered in shitty, sandy rain.

I need to either enclose my car port; any ideas?...or have a temporary garage in the car port.

3rd time this weekend I've had to wash the bike, that's no fun!:curse:

Carrefour have a range of garden sheds big enough for a motor bike. Should fit in your carport.

Roadking Mar 28th 2009 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7428593)
Carrefour have a range of garden sheds big enough for a motor bike. Should fit in your carport.

Hi Kim, thanks, yeah seen those. Bloody expensive to get a decent sized one though. Prefer to spend that sort of money on chrome...:huh:

admon Mar 28th 2009 1:43 pm

just put a car cover over the bike and tie it round?

MacScot Mar 28th 2009 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7428670)
just put a car cover over the bike and tie it round?

That's basically what I was going to say...I think you can actually buy motorbike covers...seems the cheapest way to go !

Roadking Mar 28th 2009 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7428680)
That's basically what I was going to say...I think you can actually buy motorbike covers...seems the cheapest way to go !

Admon/Macscot, Yep, got one of those. They scratch the paint work and, as it's a custom paint job, I'd rather they didn't. To be fair, the bike cover is Ok for longer term use, but it's a pain to take it off and on everytime I wanna ride specially if the pipes are hot.

Nope! I neeeeeeed to panel out the car port or find a larger portable structure that I can ride straight into. They have them in other parts of the world, I just don't wanna have to pay shipping costs that are more than the cost of the unit in the first place.

Anyone good at joinery?

Squirty Cream Mar 28th 2009 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7428756)
Admon/Macscot, Yep, got one of those. They scratch the paint work and, as it's a custom paint job, I'd rather they didn't. To be fair, the bike cover is Ok for longer term use, but it's a pain to take it off and on everytime I wanna ride specially if the pipes are hot.

Nope! I neeeeeeed to panel out the car port or find a larger portable structure that I can ride straight into. They have them in other parts of the world, I just don't wanna have to pay shipping costs that are more than the cost of the unit in the first place.

Anyone good at joinery?

Buy a tent, they are cheap enough. Or rig up some barasti, mind you that won't stop the dust.

Otherwise employ a cub scout to clean it weekly for you - they do have cubs in Dubai y'know.

Roadking Mar 28th 2009 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7429178)
Buy a tent, they are cheap enough. Or rig up some barasti, mind you that won't stop the dust.

Otherwise employ a cub scout to clean it weekly for you - they do have cubs in Dubai y'know.

:ohmy:would you have your gardner use hedge trimmers to shave yer legs? Or even a Cub?

Eeermh, if that's a yes; ignore the question.:o

Buy a tent???:blink:

Roadking Mar 28th 2009 6:11 pm

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7429191)
:ohmy:would you have your gardner use hedge trimmers to shave yer legs? Or even a Cub?

Eeermh, if that's a yes; ignore the question.:o

Buy a tent???:blink:

C'mon people. Someone out there must know someone or something. In the UK and the US you can buy these types of shelters for $300, that's a price I'm happy to pay...

Confucius Mar 28th 2009 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7429231)
C'mon people. Someone out there must know someone or something. In the UK and the US you can buy these types of shelters for $300, that's a price I'm happy to pay...

You may need a doctor's prescription for that...

Squirty Cream Mar 28th 2009 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7429231)

Like I said, buy a tent you can get one from the Hypermarket on Najda Street, Abu Dhabi.

Or how about a large cloche, although they might get a bit humid, so you could grow some veg at the same time.

BTW, I don't shave my legs for god's sake look at my avatar, can you seen stubble?

Roadking Mar 28th 2009 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7429244)
Like I said, buy a tent you can get one from the Hypermarket on Najda Street, Abu Dhabi.

Or how about a large cloche, although they might get a bit humid, so you could grow some veg at the same time.

BTW, I don't shave my legs for god's sake look at my avatar, can you seen stubble?

Aaah, sorry, naturally smooth.;)

I'm in Dubai, do they have tents big enough?

A cloche sound like a good idea with a vent at the top. Wouldn't know where to start buying the stuff though...I know, I'm slow...

but worth it!:p

Squirty Cream Mar 28th 2009 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7429260)
Aaah, sorry, naturally smooth.;)

I'm in Dubai, do they have tents big enough?

A cloche sound like a good idea with a vent at the top. Wouldn't know where to start buying the stuff though...I know, I'm slow...

but worth it!:p

I have no idea why I am responding to you, really - you are in Dubai????
Couldn't you get the number of the Hypermarket and ring them and find out if they have tents big enough?
Cloches - I was joking.

Worth it - well let's see, in the virtual realm of reality, perhaps you are!

Roadking Mar 28th 2009 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7429355)
I have no idea why I am responding to you, really - you are in Dubai????
Couldn't you get the number of the Hypermarket and ring them and find out if they have tents big enough?
Cloches - I was joking.

Worth it - well let's see, in the virtual realm of reality, perhaps you are!

Thank you....I think.
Cause I'm nice, really. Honest.:sneaky:
No, don't have the number but if I did they would probably be closed, but good idea except that involves actual speaking. hmmmm.
Cloches, OK
Yes, I am.

Blue Cat Mar 29th 2009 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7428667)
Hi Kim, thanks, yeah seen those. Bloody expensive to get a decent sized one though. Prefer to spend that sort of money on chrome...:huh:

try Dubizzle :thumbup: