Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where can I buy a poppy?

Where can I buy a poppy?

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where can I buy a poppy?

I want the money to go to the right place (British Legion).

Thank you.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 5:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Where can I buy a poppy?

Originally Posted by The Dean

Thank you.
Good question. Any issues with wearing one here fr any random reason?
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Don't care - I'll wear mine and dare anyone to try and stop me.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

No issues guys re wearing them. For purchasing - try Lloyds TSB opposite Safa Park and/or any of the UK based professional services firms in Emaar Square or elsewhere about town. Failing that, the British Consulate.

I even think that Central Perk (Um Al Sheif Rd in Jumeirah 3) has them?
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

This is the United Arab Emirates not Surrey. If you want to donate to the British Legion I suggest you go to their website.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 6:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mentalist
This is the United Arab Emirates not Surrey. If you want to donate to the British Legion I suggest you go to their website.
You never have anything positive, constructive or nice to say.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

You never have anything positive, constructive or nice to say.
For those of you who cannot survive here without something traditionally British to cling on to, have a look at this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-modesty.html
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:24 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

The planets have aligned or we are nearing the end of the world but I am going to agree with you.
I have no problem with anyone wearing a poppy (nearing the 100th(!!) year anniversary of WW1) but if you really want to help the legion you should donate directly. Not sure what minor percentage of the cost of a poppy in Dubai will make it back to their coffers. Not much I'd imagine.

Wearing a poppy the real life version of facebook liking or tying a ribbon

Polishing my broad sword for Viking invasion day 1014. Support our brave troops
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

penis
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
The planets have aligned or we are nearing the end of the world but I am going to agree with you.
I have no problem with anyone wearing a poppy (nearing the 100th(!!) year anniversary of WW1) but if you really want to help the legion you should donate directly. Not sure what minor percentage of the cost of a poppy in Dubai will make it back to their coffers. Not much I'd imagine.

Wearing a poppy the real life version of facebook liking or tying a ribbon

Polishing my broad sword for Viking invasion day 1014. Support our brave troops
maybe he does donate directly already ? he asked where he could get a poppy.

got one off an old lad in a supermarket in Scotland last week, I was humbled just talking to him for a minute and the poppy prompted the bairn to ask lots of questions

I suspect your ribbon and facebook quote was tongue in cheek but it was still utter bollocks

* DESS used to always have poppies
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:41 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
maybe he does donate directly already ? he asked where he could get a poppy.
he asked where he could get a poppy and wanted the money from the poppy to go to the legion.

The rest was relatively tongue in cheek, its Saturday and I am in work, so by God I am going to upset randoms on the internet to ease my pain
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

Thank you.
How much do you pay for a poppy? A token quid to the guy selling them outside Morrisons or something meaningful?
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I re-use last years.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:30 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by commander
I re-use last years.
where did you buy last years?
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
I re-use last years.
good lad. We are in recession and you need to look after those pennies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.