British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   When will it end? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/when-will-end-563915/)

MissDemeanor Sep 27th 2008 5:30 am

When will it end?
 
...people deciding that they feel the need to visit me,even though when I was at home I barely saw them.

The first lot left last night and have been plopped off at the Mina al Salam til Monday....when I have to get out of bed at 6 to take them to the airport.:eek
The next lot arrive on Friday for 10 days.....yes,10.

Then the icing on the cake is my sister,who I havent seen properly for years coming 2 weeks after that.....obviously me being in Dubai has made her realise she would love to see me afterall.....this place must have magical powers.

MacScot Sep 27th 2008 5:41 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6824178)
...people deciding that they feel the need to visit me,even though when I was at home I barely saw them.

The first lot left last night and have been plopped off at the Mina al Salam til Monday....when I have to get out of bed at 6 to take them to the airport.:eek
The next lot arrive on Friday for 10 days.....yes,10.

Then the icing on the cake is my sister,who I havent seen properly for years coming 2 weeks after that.....obviously me being in Dubai has made her realise she would love to see me afterall.....this place must have magical powers.

I agree...I've seen more of my friends from Melbourne here in Dubai than I did in Melbourne ! 'Tis the magic of Dubai...plus being a major flight hub on the way to Europe.

One thing I learned, though, is to have them stay at a local hotel...to give them time on their own and not cramp my style. Aussies travelling to Europe get good stopover hotel rates - AUD $40 per night at 5-star hotels!!

Madam Medusa Sep 27th 2008 5:47 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6824178)
...people deciding that they feel the need to visit me,even though when I was at home I barely saw them.

The first lot left last night and have been plopped off at the Mina al Salam til Monday....when I have to get out of bed at 6 to take them to the airport.:eek
The next lot arrive on Friday for 10 days.....yes,10.

Then the icing on the cake is my sister,who I havent seen properly for years coming 2 weeks after that.....obviously me being in Dubai has made her realise she would love to see me afterall.....this place must have magical powers.

geez, think yourself lucky, you've had 6 months of freedom...our first visitors arrived just 3 weeks after us, to stay for 2 weeks, and it hasn't really stopped since...

MM, xx

MissDemeanor Sep 27th 2008 6:02 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6824203)
geez, think yourself lucky, you've had 6 months of freedom...our first visitors arrived just 3 weeks after us, to stay for 2 weeks, and it hasn't really stopped since...

MM, xx

Im stressed out...can I come and stay with you?!

Madam Medusa Sep 27th 2008 6:04 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6824218)
Im stressed out...can I come and stay with you?!

yeah, if you fancy staying next week you can look after my kids...i'll be at work, lol...

MM, xx

Inselaffen Sep 27th 2008 6:06 am

Re: When will it end?
 
can i point out now that Singapore is not a nice place to visit!

Spugsy Sep 27th 2008 6:07 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6824178)
...people deciding that they feel the need to visit me,even though when I was at home I barely saw them.

The first lot left last night and have been plopped off at the Mina al Salam til Monday....when I have to get out of bed at 6 to take them to the airport.:eek
The next lot arrive on Friday for 10 days.....yes,10.

Then the icing on the cake is my sister,who I havent seen properly for years coming 2 weeks after that.....obviously me being in Dubai has made her realise she would love to see me afterall.....this place must have magical powers.

an ex workmate of mine now lives in Sydney, his female flatmate was stopping off in dubai for 2 nights and he asked me to 'show her around, take her out', bearing in mind I've never met her I just made some excuses and I've never heard from him since. Jesus.

Anyway how can you take them to the airport? Can you drive now?

Spugsy Sep 27th 2008 6:07 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6824223)
yeah, if you fancy staying next week you can look after my kids...i'll be at work, lol...

MM, xx

hey how's work going babe?

Madam Medusa Sep 27th 2008 6:09 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6824227)
hey how's work going babe?

start tomorrow...will let you know...!!

MM, xx

MissDemeanor Sep 27th 2008 6:16 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6824226)
an ex workmate of mine now lives in Sydney, his female flatmate was stopping off in dubai for 2 nights and he asked me to 'show her around, take her out', bearing in mind I've never met her I just made some excuses and I've never heard from him since. Jesus.

Anyway how can you take them to the airport? Can you drive now?

No....its better than that.
I have to get a taxi...take them into the airport and make sure they have got assistance as they are hitting 80 and then get a taxi home....I am a very good hostess.

MissDemeanor Sep 27th 2008 6:16 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6824223)
yeah, if you fancy staying next week you can look after my kids...i'll be at work, lol...

MM, xx

yay!...i want to hear all about it!!!

Confucius Sep 27th 2008 7:48 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6824229)
start tomorrow...will let you know...!!

MM, xx

You can't be serious!!!

Madam Medusa Sep 27th 2008 11:01 am

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6824343)
You can't be serious!!!

if i said i'll let him know, i'll let him know, of course...deadly serious...

MM, xx

MataHari Sep 27th 2008 1:53 pm

Re: When will it end?
 
we had people visiting us almost every month for the first 2 years...thankfully that has now stopped, the novelty has worn off...plus I am the worst kind for keeping in touch with people back home, which helps cutting down vistors tremendously...

Spugsy Sep 27th 2008 5:20 pm

Re: When will it end?
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6825042)
we had people visiting us almost every month for the first 2 years...thankfully that has now stopped, the novelty has worn off...plus I am the worst kind for keeping in touch with people back home, which helps cutting down vistors tremendously...

we've had no-one,

bah :(


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.