British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   When was the last time you did something for the first time? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/when-last-time-you-did-something-first-time-770285/)

Little Boy Sep 5th 2012 4:06 am

Re: When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10263316)
Nice timing. Shove more emotion into an emotionally-charged event.

I blame my wife. On the way to the funeral she told me not to mention the money, then at the funeral after I offered all my condolences my "friend" Ed just lingered around us. What do you say to a guy that just lost a daughter? So I told him not to worry about the money now, we'd talk about it later, after Christmas..My wife became infuriated and told him we never have to talk about it ever again and that he doesn't owe me anything..I looked at her, then looked at him and just nodded ok and that was that. I wasn't going to start yelling at her there. The second Ed got outta earshot I told my wife to "stay out of my business"- she just glared, then I told her to forget about that room she wanted to fix up (One of our daughters rooms- she just left to college last week). Then she squeezed my hand and said "don't you have any feelings?" and I told her that "No, I can't afford them". Then my wife said "I feel like i'm talking to an idiot right now".

So the money was gone forever and my wife thinks i'm a jerk- shouldn't it be one or the other..... not both?

I can't win with her

The Dean Sep 5th 2012 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Little Boy (Post 10264495)
I blame my wife. On the way to the funeral she told me not to mention the money, then at the funeral after I offered all my condolences my "friend" Ed just lingered around us. What do you say to a guy that just lost a daughter? So I told him not to worry about the money now, we'd talk about it later, after Christmas..My wife became infuriated and told him we never have to talk about it ever again and that he doesn't owe me anything..I looked at her, then looked at him and just nodded ok and that was that. I wasn't going to start yelling at her there. The second Ed got outta earshot I told my wife to "stay out of my business"- she just glared, then I told her to forget about that room she wanted to fix up (One of our daughters rooms- she just left to college last week). Then she squeezed my hand and said "don't you have any feelings?" and I told her that "No, I can't afford them". Then my wife said "I feel like i'm talking to an idiot right now".

So the money was gone forever and my wife thinks i'm a jerk- shouldn't it be one or the other..... not both?

I can't win with her

Yes, yes, yes....... but was the kiss-and-make-up sex any good?? :huh:

Little Boy Sep 5th 2012 10:40 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10264570)
Yes, yes, yes....... but was the kiss-and-make-up sex any good?? :huh:

That didn't qualify as a fight.... We had a nice lunch out afterwards and then did a little shopping at her favorite store before heading home.

littlejimmy Sep 5th 2012 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Little Boy (Post 10264952)
That didn't qualify as a fight.... We had a nice lunch out afterwards and then did a little shopping at her favorite store before heading home.

Have you given up on trying to capture Mata Hari's heart then?

Bob Sep 5th 2012 2:01 pm

Skeet/Clay shooting over the weekend...first time shooting a 12 gauge pump action shotgun....kind of fun.

I am a shit shot though :/

silversilver Sep 5th 2012 6:01 pm

Tonight - I ordered KFC to be delivered to my flat - one of life's junk food pleasures that I have discovered living in Dubai!