Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

When is it best to turn the other cheek???

When is it best to turn the other cheek???

Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is it best to turn the other cheek???

Originally Posted by MacScot
Same as TGFKASE did...grin and bear it. You've been here a while...so you should know.
Sorry but i disagree, i was in the SC in Bur Dubai a few months ago and a local pushed in front of me.

I politely put my hand on his shoulder and when he turned around i pointed out that there is a que and that is what civilised people do when waiting..

He apologised.

I accepted

he moved behind me.

MacScot, its your attitude that just fuels emirati's ignorance and arrogance...
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I know, the way Simmie was treated after that tackle was shocking, by the west cost press as well as the club...
aye it was a shame the way he was branded a thug after such an accidental lunge....

ps im a Hun and would like nothing better than to break 'simmy' in two.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of toilets, I prefer these...........

........ in the Sofitel Hotel in Queenstown, New Zealand..........
Attached Thumbnails When is it best to turn the other cheek???-toilet.jpg  
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
Talking of toilets, I prefer these...........

........ in the Sofitel Hotel in Queenstown, New Zealand..........
now that is class
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:55 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Sorry but i disagree, i was in the SC in Bur Dubai a few months ago and a local pushed in front of me.

I politely put my hand on his shoulder and when he turned around i pointed out that there is a que and that is what civilised people do when waiting..

He apologised.

I accepted

he moved behind me.

MacScot, its your attitude that just fuels emirati's ignorance and arrogance...
I agree...if you let people get away with it, they will....no matter what nationality they are...
The other week, we were at McDonalds...(yeah) and a local guy just passed the queu and started ordering....my 15 year old son got out of the line, walked up to him and patted him on the shoulder and pointed to the end of the line...and there he went...like a sheep...I was a proud mum...lol
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:57 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

aye it was a shame the way he was branded a thug after such an accidental lunge....

ps im a Hun and would like nothing better than to break 'simmy' in two.
You're a Hun, really?????

But I am glad to see that you accept it was accidental and things that like will happen in 50/50 sitautions.....

Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

You're a Hun, really?????

But I am glad to see that you accept it was accidental and things that like will happen in 50/50 sitautions.....

Which 'Simmy' are we referring to? And who tackled whom?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:02 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Which 'Simmy' are we referring to? And who tackled whom?
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...20/ai_n9626457

This might explain a lil of it....
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hmmmm..... hadn't heard of the Matt Busby incident.

Catholic?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:08 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Hmmmm..... hadn't heard of the Matt Busby incident.

Catholic?
Aye, he was......
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

an absolute shocker......

Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:21 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

an absolute shocker......

http://i38.tinypic.com/2qir9m1.jpg
And I know you got that from the Daily Ranger website. The only place you can get a copy of it.....
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

And I know you got that from the Daily Ranger website. The only place you can get a copy of it.....
or simply google........

any football fan (taking away the hatred etc) knows that moment ruined scotlands best prospect...
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:30 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

or simply google........

any football fan (taking away the hatred etc) knows that moment ruined scotlands best prospect...
My mummy always said if you cant say something nice, dont say anything....

So..." "
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

My mummy always said if you cant say something nice, dont say anything....

So..." "
" " to you too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.