Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

When is it best to turn the other cheek???

When is it best to turn the other cheek???

Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:28 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is it best to turn the other cheek???

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I doubt the old fellow did nothing! there is probably a JJ walking around Dubai with her Husbands head stuck up her arse!
What's a JJ? Just don't know that one
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Was that a "lack" of reaction on your part...as your story doesn't say what you actually did ?

If the couple were not Emiratis, I would have spoken up..."Excuse me, we are talking to the teacher at the moment and we will be finished shortly" or words to that effect.

Toujours la politesse.
TBH, it was the lack of reaction, as the OH felt I should have gotten straight in about them. I was about to turn and point out their lack of manners when the teacher beat me to it. The OH was pissed off that we never got a verbal punch in!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Damn right you should have spoken up. I would have, although initially politely, even if they were Emirati. I don't see that anyone is exempt from the use of manners.

Lovely comments from teacher too.

-
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
TBH, it was the lack of reaction, as the OH felt I should have gotten straight in about them. I was about to turn and point out their lack of manners when the teacher beat me to it. The OH was pissed off that we never got a verbal punch in!!!!
she is also from aberdeen then
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
she is also from aberdeen then
my experience of Aberdonians was hugely positive then...
I was there for a year and thought they were incredibly nice - much more polite and less aggressive than Londoners!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:17 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
my experience of Aberdonians was hugely positive then...
I was there for a year and thought they were incredibly nice - much more polite and less aggressive than Londoners!
At least someone is able to speak from experience about meeting me and my ilk....

We are incredibly nice, that is until we meet people who aren't!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't the teacher have added:

"And why did you give him such a stupid name?"
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

At least someone is able to speak from experience about meeting me and my ilk....

We are incredibly nice, that is until we meet people who aren't!!!!
Oh i loved it up there. Biggest difference was on the roads - actually letting you in to lanes and not cutting you up just cos they can. And of course I miss the Bond-themed gents' loos in Espionage
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:40 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

why should you be the one to say something about it though...she could have said something herself instead of waiting for you to do the honours...
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:42 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by jvr20
Oh i loved it up there. Biggest difference was on the roads - actually letting you in to lanes and not cutting you up just cos they can. And of course I miss the Bond-themed gents' loos in Espionage
The bogs I miss are the ones at the famous Paramount bar, where all loyal Aberdeen fans where able to take a piss in a urinal, with a TV screen inside where they would show photos of Rangers players!!!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
why should you be the one to say something about it though...she could have said something herself instead of waiting for you to do the honours...
Yes............ Deanetta would have ripped the bitch's lungs out............
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:44 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yes............ Deanetta would have ripped the bitch's lungs out............
so would I...with a smile on my face
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by MataHari
so would I...with a smile on my face
Why doesnt that surprise me......
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

The bogs I miss are the ones at the famous Paramount bar, where all loyal Aberdeen fans where able to take a piss in a urinal, with a TV screen inside where they would show photos of Rangers players!!!!!!
yea especially the ones of 'simmy' eh???

shocking........
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:48 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
yea especially the ones of 'simmy' eh???

shocking........
I know, the way Simmie was treated after that tackle was shocking, by the west cost press as well as the club...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.