Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

When is it best to turn the other cheek???

When is it best to turn the other cheek???

Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:16 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default When is it best to turn the other cheek???

Last night I was up at the kids school to meet the teacher etc...

Walked into the classroom and waited patiently for the teacher to finish speaking with a couple before going over and introducing ourselves and starting chatting about my oldest kid.. Got 3-4 minutes into the conversation when, out of nowhere, this JJ with her prck of a husband barged straight in, introduced themselves to the teacher we were speaing with and preceded to ignore me and the missus and demanded to know who their little Fabio was getting on....

Interested to know what you lot would have done in this position, as I got a rollicking from my OH for my reaction......
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:23 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is it best to turn the other cheek???

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Last night I was up at the kids school to meet the teacher etc...

Walked into the classroom and waited patiently for the teacher to finish speaking with a couple before going over and introducing ourselves and starting chatting about my oldest kid.. Got 3-4 minutes into the conversation when, out of nowhere, this JJ with her prck of a husband barged straight in, introduced themselves to the teacher we were speaing with and preceded to ignore me and the missus and demanded to know who their little Fabio was getting on....

Interested to know what you lot would have done in this position, as I got a rollicking from my OH for my reaction......
JJ?

Well I wouldn't be happy thats for sure...
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Jumeirah Jane

I would have told them to butt out
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

id of told them to **** right off to the back of the que before i burst him in front of his shit ugly wife and little fabio the spoilt little runt

And that would have got a similar reaction from my wife as you did from your wife no doubt
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Jumeirah Jane

well it wasn't me...!

yeah, i'd have told them the same, cheeky sods...

MM, xx
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
well it wasn't me...!

yeah, i'd have told them the same, cheeky sods...

MM, xx
definitely would have told them to wait their bloody turn!

pity we can't do the same when locals push to the front of the queue in banks :curse:
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
pity we can't do the same when locals push to the front of the queue in banks :curse:
why not??
i have many times....

not using the approach i mentioned above of course..
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Jumeirah Jane

oh thought he must have meant a local couple,

oh jesus no, she would have got an elbow to the ribs to get out the way and the husband would have got 'the stare',

cheeky twats.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: When is it best to turn the other cheek???

If they could walk/scurry away you where too kind IMO. I'm not a confrontational person by nature however. I like to scheme and plot usually doing far more damage in the long run.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:48 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

So what exactly did you do to earn the rollicking? Hopefully it wasn't a boot up the ass!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:15 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I got a rollicking from my OH for my reaction......
Was that a "lack" of reaction on your part...as your story doesn't say what you actually did ?

If the couple were not Emiratis, I would have spoken up..."Excuse me, we are talking to the teacher at the moment and we will be finished shortly" or words to that effect.

Toujours la politesse.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MacScot
Was that a "lack" of reaction on your part...as your story doesn't say what you actually did ?

If the couple were not Emiratis, I would have spoken up..."Excuse me, we are talking to the teacher at the moment and we will be finished shortly" or words to that effect.

Toujours la politesse.
what if they WERE emiraties?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:45 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
what if they WERE emiraties?
Same as TGFKASE did...grin and bear it. You've been here a while...so you should know.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Same as TGFKASE did...grin and bear it. You've been here a while...so you should know.
I doubt the old fellow did nothing! there is probably a JJ walking around Dubai with her Husbands head stuck up her arse!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:28 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I doubt the old fellow did nothing! there is probably a JJ walking around Dubai with her Husbands head stuck up her arse!
Well, to put MacScot et al. out of your misery....

I actually got beaten to the punch. The teacher went from looking really embarrassed to announcing in a not so quiet voice that their lil darling Fabio was the most disruptive member of the class and he was lacking in basic courtesy and politeness. He went on to suggest that their parents tackle this problem or else the school would have to decide whether the kid would be allowed to remain there...

You could have heard a pin drop... I had to head for the door, claiming a need for a cig, or else I would have pissed myself there and then....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.