What's your theory?

Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:39 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your theory?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
True. Anyone know about recovery subs, rather than regular manned ones and exploratory ones?
To answer my own question, the Wikipedia entry on the AF crash is interesting and informative.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

News emerging now that it has been known since 2 days after the disappearance that it flew for 7 hours after last contact. If true, it's shocking that they have been searching in the wrong places etc. Awful.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 6:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Or somewhere.
Well, duh!
Old Mar 21st 2014, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

So news now saying there were Li Ion batteries in the cargo that could have started a fire disabling various eletronic systems including ACARS. Plane countinued to fly for 6 or 7 hours after ACARS disabled. So me thinks pilot turns around to make emergency landing but toxic smoke disables/kills all and plane stays on autopilot course.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

I don't buy the fire on board scenario.

Like someone just said elsewhere, the Chinese are desperately after something on board that plane.

is there any truth in Diego Garcia having 72 hours of no-operations from March 8th. And is that unusual?

the plot thickens!

At this stage, if anything is found in any sea, I will say it has been planted there.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 12:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
So news now saying there were Li Ion batteries in the cargo that could have started a fire disabling various eletronic systems including ACARS. Plane countinued to fly for 6 or 7 hours after ACARS disabled. So me thinks pilot turns around to make emergency landing but toxic smoke disables/kills all and plane stays on autopilot course.
If that is discovered as what happened, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the supply chain of the batteries.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

If that is discovered as what happened, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the supply chain of the batteries.
Yeah you got to figure the owner and logistics company responsible for the batteries is sweating bullets.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 3:00 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Yeah you got to figure the owner and logistics company responsible for the batteries is sweating bullets.
There are international treaties limiting airlines' liabilities in the event of personal injury and death, but I don't think they touch upon the liabilities of those responsible for cargo. The insurers of the companies in the supply chain won't be sleeping easy, either.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

ADteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's now pretty much certain to have gone done in the South Indian Ocean- many debris reports and 'sighting' and relatives been told to assume this is the case- and are now being flown to Australia.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 2:13 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Breaking news everywhere now.........

http://news.sky.com/story/1231059/mi...e-indian-ocean
Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:28 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

At least there is some form of closure rather than wondering where they went. It may be years before the black box is recovered though, as there is a tropical storm on the way.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:40 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
At least there is some form of closure rather than wondering where they went. It may be years before the black box is recovered though, as there is a tropical storm on the way.
"some form" is right--I would imagine all the relatives will want to know why it happened, and that may never be discovered.

As an aside, I do find it ironic that the Chinese relatives and government are berating the Malaysian government of neither handling the situation well nor releasing information--just imagine if it had been a Chinese plane which fell off the radar when exiting China...
Old Mar 24th 2014, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

"some form" is right--I would imagine all the relatives will want to know why it happened, and that may never be discovered.

As an aside, I do find it ironic that the Chinese relatives and government are berating the Malaysian government of neither handling the situation well nor releasing information--just imagine if it had been a Chinese plane which fell off the radar when exiting China...
I image that if it had been a Chinese plane then relatives would have been facing the well known Chinese Great Wall of Silence....
Old Mar 24th 2014, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Chinese contempt and berating is justifiable to some extent but as you say what if the shoe was on the other foot, because we all know how non transparent the Chinese government is. I suspect a lot of the anger is due to the fact the Malaysians are South East Asians, thus seen as inferior to North East Asians like Han Chinese, Koreans, Taiwanese and Japanese.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Will be interesting to see what is 'recovered'. I don't believe it is there! Far too many suspicious cover-ups on this since day 1.

And no, man didn't land on the moon either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.