What's your theory?

Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

ADteacher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's your theory?

Originally Posted by mikewot
The pilot can do it from the MFD menu.
So points to him being involved, or it wasn't him that radioed in to say goodnight? Wonder if they can get voice recognition in to confirm?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The crew all had the fish and became very ill. Otto couldn't land the plane.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ADteacher
What's so puzzling in all of this is the fact that there is no indication of anything from the passengers. In todays day and age, communication from cell phones is so common- surely if a hijacking was apparent someone would have contacted home? ok?
My blackberry doesn't work in the garden let alone at 45,000 ft.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Very intruiging about the 'all right goodnight' sign off and wondering who it was that said it. If it wasn't so distressing about those on board, it would be a good sherlock holmes plot - trying to figure it all out.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Very intruiging about the 'all right goodnight' sign off and wondering who it was that said it.
Not an unusual sign off.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:29 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I'm likely missing something, Mike being an ex crab will correct me

Radar, is basically when a transmitter transmits a pulse and it is returned from a "contact"

Now, unless this plane disintegrated, there is no magic that the pilot or whoever could conjour up to make the plane disappear from radar.

This has nothing to do with transponders, it's basic radar theory.

PS I'm being deliberately thick with this. I spent over a decade as a weapons engineer working on fire control radars and primary surveillance radars...

So if someone has invented some "magic button" that makes a 777 radar invisible, then that is pure genius.

And impossible
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
My blackberry doesn't work in the garden let alone at 45,000 ft.
I know phones wouldn't work at 45,000 feet but at lower altitudes maybe. I know during 9/11 people on board were able to phone in- I know this is a very different situation etc but just odd that in the event of someone attempting to invade the cockpit no signal was received to warn something was happening.

I've seen so many theories though- saw one headline about the fact it could have been hacked from the ground via mobile phone!
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:31 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

unless the world has radar black spots?

Where in a world when I can't take a piss without someone posting on FB I find it hard to believe.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ADteacher
I know phones wouldn't work at 45,000 feet but at lower altitudes maybe. I know during 9/11 people on board were able to phone in- I know this is a very different situation etc but just odd that in the event of someone attempting to invade the cockpit no signal was received to warn something was happening.

I've seen so many theories though- saw one headline about the fact it could have been hacked from the ground via mobile phone!
The 911 planes where pretty low... if everyone is dead from the fish consumed at 45,000ft then I can't see any calls being made.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commander
I'm likely missing something, Mike being an ex crab will correct me

Radar, is basically when a transmitter transmits a pulse and it is returned from a "contact"

Now, unless this plane disintegrated, there is no magic that the pilot or whoever could conjour up to make the plane disappear from radar.

This has nothing to do with transponders, it's basic radar theory.

PS I'm being deliberately thick with this. I spent over a decade as a weapons engineer working on fire control radars and primary surveillance radars...

So if someone has invented some "magic button" that makes a 777 radar invisible, then that is pure genius.

And impossible
But where are the transmitters that emit the signal? Ground or satelite? Thought I read somewhere that over the sea there is limited radar so that's why theory is it's gone South rather than North over land as it would hve been picked up there?

Is it also not possible to fly literally 'under the radar'?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:36 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The 911 planes where pretty low... if everyone is dead from the fish consumed at 45,000ft then I can't see any calls being made.
Agree, last time I was knocking back champagne at that restaurant in burj Khalifa, I was able to phone the maid and tell her to prepare my freshly squeezed oranges for the following mornings breakfast

And to ban her from swimming in my pool.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Agree, last time I was knocking back champagne at that restaurant in burj Khalifa, I was able to phone the maid and tell her to prepare my freshly squeezed oranges for the following mornings breakfast

And to ban her from swimming in my pool.
LAD.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

But you're assuming that there is Primary radar coverage in that area. In UK there isn't a great deal of Primary coverage and the main ATC service wanted to scrap it and have secondary only. But the military insisted, although coverage from a lot of heads is only out to 60NM.
Obviously the coverage in that area is 'secret' but it begs the question as to why all the concerned countries aren't pulling the tapes and reviewing the footage. Unless they have and don't want to share, or the coverage is zero.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

That's the one! Iranian?
I'm not sure why the Iranians might be playing up, but they are unpredictable at the best of times, and take offence at things most countries shrug off. The news coming through is that the pilot was involved in the Malaysian opposition, so ever more speculation enters the news cycle...
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:53 pm
banned

Originally Posted by mikewot
But you're assuming that there is Primary radar coverage in that area. In UK there isn't a great deal of Primary coverage and the main ATC service wanted to scrap it and have secondary only. But the military insisted, although coverage from a lot of heads is only out to 60NM.
Obviously the coverage in that area is 'secret' but it begs the question as to why all the concerned countries aren't pulling the tapes and reviewing the footage. Unless they have and don't want to share, or the coverage is zero.
Yup, I don't believe for a second that there is anywhere on earth that has zero radar coverage (or sonar, or LOS comms, CCTV etc etc)

Steven Segal is involved here. He isn't only a chef

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.