Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Whats the worst item of clothing/footwear you have every bought

Whats the worst item of clothing/footwear you have every bought

Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:35 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold
Default Whats the worst item of clothing/footwear you have every bought

for me it would appear to be my crocs, and alongside that I will admit to a peach and cream striped satin puff ball skirt bought in the 80's

what are your fashion disasters?????
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the worst item of clothing/footwear you have every bought

never had any!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
for me it would appear to be my crocs, and alongside that I will admit to a peach and cream striped satin puff ball skirt bought in the 80's

A pale blue suede mini dress - my mum was right, it did make me look like a tart and she made me take it back to the store, Harrods, where she forced them to give me a full refund even though it was on sale lol.

Oh yeah and a pair of sky high prada mules that crippled me the first time I wore them. Tried to wear them once more, couldn't and eventually donated them to a charity shop. 350 quid down the drain.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:37 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta be my flying flannels...grey and made by Radio...thought they were cool.didn't cross my mind that they were reduced so many times in the shop because they were so bad..

I never lived it down, in fact when I see my mates tomorrow I'm sure the 'here comes fying flannels' will be my welcome
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by commander View Post
Gotta be my flying flannels...grey and made by Radio...thought they were cool.didn't cross my mind that they were reduced so many times in the shop because they were so bad..

I never lived it down, in fact when I see my mates tomorrow I'm sure the 'here comes fying flannels' will be my welcome
Flannels...nice!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post

what?

what the hell are flying flannels?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes View Post
Flannels...nice!
suede??
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
suede??
Yep - I thought it was gorgeous - but when I got home I realised how slutty it was. Especially without all my 16 year old friends saying how great it looked...
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Too many...... where to start?

The 80s have a lot to answer for.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:32 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes View Post
Yep - I thought it was gorgeous - but when I got home I realised how slutty it was. Especially without all my 16 year old friends saying how great it looked...
a slut in suede.

Sounds ace.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Fashion disasters? No, I don't do those.