British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Whats the worst item of clothing/footwear you have every bought (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whats-worst-item-clothing-footwear-you-have-every-bought-606367/)

moto111 Apr 30th 2009 6:35 am

Whats the worst item of clothing/footwear you have every bought

for me it would appear to be my crocs, and alongside that I will admit to a peach and cream striped satin puff ball skirt bought in the 80's

what are your fashion disasters?????

Inselaffen Apr 30th 2009 6:47 am

Re: Whats the worst item of clothing/footwear you have every bought

never had any! ;)

Emerald_Eyes Apr 30th 2009 7:34 am

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7528629)
for me it would appear to be my crocs, and alongside that I will admit to a peach and cream striped satin puff ball skirt bought in the 80's

A pale blue suede mini dress - my mum was right, it did make me look like a tart and she made me take it back to the store, Harrods, where she forced them to give me a full refund even though it was on sale lol.

Oh yeah and a pair of sky high prada mules that crippled me the first time I wore them. Tried to wear them once more, couldn't and eventually donated them to a charity shop. 350 quid down the drain.

commander Apr 30th 2009 7:37 am

Gotta be my flying flannels...grey and made by Radio...thought they were cool.didn't cross my mind that they were reduced so many times in the shop because they were so bad..

I never lived it down, in fact when I see my mates tomorrow I'm sure the 'here comes fying flannels' will be my welcome

Emerald_Eyes Apr 30th 2009 7:41 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7528733)
Gotta be my flying flannels...grey and made by Radio...thought they were cool.didn't cross my mind that they were reduced so many times in the shop because they were so bad..

I never lived it down, in fact when I see my mates tomorrow I'm sure the 'here comes fying flannels' will be my welcome

Flannels...nice!

Spugsy Apr 30th 2009 7:42 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7528733)

what?

what the hell are flying flannels?

Spugsy Apr 30th 2009 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7528740)
Flannels...nice!

suede??

Emerald_Eyes Apr 30th 2009 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7528746)
suede??

:rofl: Yep - I thought it was gorgeous - but when I got home I realised how slutty it was. Especially without all my 16 year old friends saying how great it looked...

Morecambe Mindy Apr 30th 2009 8:30 am

Too many...... where to start?

The 80s have a lot to answer for.

Spugsy Apr 30th 2009 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7528750)
:rofl: Yep - I thought it was gorgeous - but when I got home I realised how slutty it was. Especially without all my 16 year old friends saying how great it looked...

a slut in suede.

Sounds ace.

Alexa Apr 30th 2009 10:38 am

Fashion disasters? :huh: No, I don't do those. :D