British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What's that smell... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whats-smell-635051/)

MataHari Oct 11th 2009 7:54 am

What's that smell...

taxis are being fitted out with some sort of uniform air freshner type thing...hmmmm, not sure if I'd like that...

Euc- Oct 11th 2009 8:09 am

Re: What's that smell...

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8007389)
taxis are being fitted out with some sort of uniform air freshner type thing...hmmmm, not sure if I'd like that...

Everything better than a sweat smelling xxxx IMHO.

MataHari Oct 11th 2009 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 8007419)
Everything better than a sweat smelling xxxx IMHO.

oh dear...you might want to change the 'P' word...

MacScot Oct 11th 2009 11:13 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8007389)

I think I would welcome it...as some taxis really do smell stale...not sure what causes it though ?

Nice new avatar ! :thumbup:

Euc- Oct 11th 2009 11:16 am

Hmm.. I didn't mean that word as racial, just as a abbreviation of some kind. Sorry if I offended anyone.

lionheart Oct 11th 2009 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 8007701)
Hmm.. I didn't mean that word as racial, just as a abbreviation of some kind. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Somebody obviously doesn't keep up with the Royal Family, one of whose younger members was heavily criticised for using the P-word in jest.:frown:

Emerald_Eyes Oct 11th 2009 11:33 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 8007695)
I think I would welcome it...as some taxis really do smell stale...not sure what causes it though ?

Nice new avatar ! :thumbup:

Sweat of the driver and a million passengers is probably the main cause :p

Personally, I think the airfreshener scent will just lie on top of the stale sweat smell so you get a disgusting mix of floral scent and stale sweat - yuck! But maybe it's better than nothing?

The Dean Oct 11th 2009 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8007732)
Somebody obviously doesn't keep up with the Royal Family, one of whose younger members was heavily criticised for using the P-word in jest.:frown:

And it's the word that Anton the Berk used when referring to his dance partner on Strictly Dumb Prancing recently......... and boy, has he had to cop some flak..........

Blue Cat Oct 11th 2009 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8007969)
And it's the word that Anton the Berk used when referring to his dance partner on Strictly Dumb Prancing recently......... and boy, has he had to cop some flak..........

was he sacked ?

The Dean Oct 11th 2009 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8007988)
was he sacked ?

No - because he made an apparently genuine and heartfelt apology - which his dance partner graciously accepted. Last night they won through to the next round.

And talking of smells.............

http://business.maktoob.com/Pages/Me...60756&ImageID=

TGFKASE Oct 11th 2009 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 8007701)

Don't worry about it, the last time I used it I was subjected to a right old earful..

Just think yourself lucky...

Madam Medusa Oct 11th 2009 3:58 pm

didn't they do something like this a couple of years ago...clearly it didn't work...i haven't had a stinky cab driver for a while, mind...

MM, xx

MataHari Oct 11th 2009 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8008088)
didn't they do something like this a couple of years ago...clearly it didn't work...i haven't had a stinky cab driver for a while, mind...

MM, xx

no idea...but have to say that in 5 years time I've only had a few times when I didn't dare to breath through my nose...
not keen on those airfreshner things though, would be like riding in a toilet...

Blue Cat Oct 12th 2009 4:54 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8008045)
No - because he made an apparently genuine and heartfelt apology - which his dance partner graciously accepted. Last night they won through to the next round.

And talking of smells.............

http://business.maktoob.com/Pages/Me...60756&ImageID=

yes I saw the show, I can't stand that Anton though I was rather hoping he would have been seriously binned.

spart Oct 12th 2009 6:29 pm

I find the whole P*ki thing a bit odd:

Aussie
Kiwi
Pom
Paki
Seppo

Not sure what the panic is?? These terms have been around for years, whats the dif. between them?